Safe or nottt????

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 157
ok i have 2 jl w3 dual 6 ohm and my friend is at colleg with my orion 1200d so my question is, my friend has a rockford p6002 which is only 2 ohm stable, and i have the subs wired down to 1.5 of an ohm, do u think i'd fry his amp if i temporarily hooked my w3's up to the rockford....thanks

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3236
you should be ok...just watch the amp an make sure it doesnt heat up.

also, dont allow the amp to clip at all!

clipping = death

Silver Member

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 158
ok well if i keep the gain down pretty well it should heat up too bad then, how much do u think this amp would put out at 1.5 ohms since it is rated at 300x2 at 2 ohms...

Silver Member

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 159
bump

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 481
450x2

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4759
I wouldn't do it, personally.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 561
im not saying that you particularly will mess anything up or not, but i love how many people want to go against manufacturer recommendation with multi-hundred dollar equipment, and then have the nerve to get pissed and flame the company when they f*ck it up

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 562
i say 95% of all amp failures are user error

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2190
^^^^^yeah... but if you run it for a short burp your amp might handle it. I wouldn0t play it either. In your case... i'd get one 800-1000w rms amp at 1 ohm or just a PG xenon 600.1 for those subs

Silver Member

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 160
yeah thats the thing, i do have an orion 1200d but my friend is at college with it, in which im goign to beat his azz when he comes home, but yeah my dude just got this rockford p6002 in place of his sh!tty rockford 200 watt amp he had when his stuff got stolen, the insurance company was out of the 200 watt ones so he had to pay $30 and they gave him the new p6002, so yeah i dont' relaly wanna mess it up cuz then i'd have to take care of taht and stuff, but u think my orion 1200d would be alright for these subs, i dont' have any alternator upgrades so i know im not gettin a full 1200 at one ohm, i do have a 130 amp alternator though, so at 1.5 ohm, you think i'd get liek 850 watts ya think?, and you don't htink that like 425 to each subs would blow them do ya...thanks

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2204
the orion will push those subs nicely... you can turn the gain down so you know how much current are you sending to your subs... your alternator is fine for that setup.

Test it before you turn the gain down... cuz i do think those JL can handle 400w rms but i'm not sure how many watts the orion is gonna put a 1.5.. maybe 900 or even 1000w.... but at least expect 800w rms from it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us