Video game install

Bronze Member
Username: Claytonk

Carlsbad, CA USA

Post Number: 15
im going to install a gamecube into the back panel of my chevy truck. i have it all wired into my monitors and cd deck already but I dont know the best way to go about powering it. I will not have wires dangling around the cigarette liter. this needs to be a clean install. how do I go about this and will it take a lot of power and drain my battery while parked.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2795
iverter wired directly to the battery instead of tapping into the dash. have it on a switch so you can turn it off when not in use. or run it from an ACC lead in the fuse box instead of the battery, so it'll only work if your car is on or turned to ACC.

if your worried about batteries draining while useing while parked, get a couple yellow tops and an isolator. only way to ensure your starting battery doesnt get drained too.

Bronze Member

Carlsbad, CA USA

Post Number: 16
with the yellow tops and isolator, how do the yellow tops charge again? does the alternator charge them or do I have to hook them up to a charger at home. Ill probably need a HO alternator, won't I?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2810
yeah, it'll be best to get a HO Alt. but the isolator allows the alt to charge both batteries, front and read, while doing what its name says, isolating them from each other so the front starting battery won't get drained while your playing Mario Kart and leave you stranded. :-)

Bronze Member

Carlsbad, CA USA

Post Number: 19
do you know of a good isolator for one alt and two batteries. I dont want to spend too much but I need a good device.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2835
never used them so i couldn't tell you. but theres some on ebay that look good. they are like $250-400, so they aren't cheap!! don't get one of thoes cheap solinoid relay deals stinger makes though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us