MUDDY WATERS

Silver Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 123
I saw a pic of your install and was wondering if the dynamat is really worth it and how you installed it?Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
Hey also what size is that piece of dynamt???????

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 449
its so hard to install dynamat you have to take it out of the box and press it onto your trunk thats so dam hard to figure out god

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
well some guy told me to use this heating iron thing... i dunno i directed the question towards Muddy Waters not you

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1579
really just peal off the backing and use some kind of a roller to get it on. you don't need to use no heating iron, i've helped a friend install some and we just placed the pieces on his driveway in the sun.

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1298
die dynamat.. www.secondskinaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5526
if you use original Dynamat....you will need to heat it up considerably before applying it to the car.

Dynamat Xtreme however, does not need to be heated, you simply apply it with a roller tool that comes with the box of dynamat.

mine is a "Trunk Kit" so it consisted of about 20 sq.ft.

there is no where near 20sq.ft. in that trunk lif though...prob closer to 4 sq.ft.

there is some placed on the inside of my tire well and right above it where the cardboard piece lays for my trunk floor(carpet lies on top of that)

then there is some on the inside of both of my rear quarter panels.

it did the job quite nicely. but Dynamatting your car is like crack, you get addicted to it...once you start, you want EVERYTHING sound deadened...b/c it sounds so much better without the rattles.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2797
best thing to do is get a bulk kit. got enough to do almost everything. it'll come out cheaper in the end vs buying a trunk kit, door kit, wedge pack...ect. its like $105 from Ikesound.

of course theres other stuff out there thats debatable as to whether its better then Dynamat.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5674
yes....the bulk pack is definitely the best value, i wish i would have bought that in the beginning and had my doors done too.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2334
edead v3

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 409
man........... when am i gonna get a thread for me??????? hahahahahahaha and i agree with charlie go with edead

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4126
I have edead. No differet than dynamat.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2357
its cheaper

Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 7
Although i dont use it on the roof (just in case).... i recommend using Peal and Seal. 1/4 of the price, found at Lowe's, Home Depot etc etc etc.

I have NEVER had it come off a car when properly installed on clean metal, using a heat gun and roller. Nor have i ever "smelled" it, as it is asphalt based.

x2 for Second Skin if you absolutely must pay above what you need.

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

FL.

Post Number: 379
good to see you here renegadesrun... hows those new subs workin out for you?

Bronze Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 11
Which'uns? I cant seem to stay in any one pair!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us