What Is This Wire????

Username: Madrox

Gillette, Wyoming USA

Post Number: 1
I have this wire that comes from my cd player with an Orange tag on it that says ILL, and in small print says <crw1392-a/n>, ive been trying to figure out what its for.
Im thinking its the memory wire but i dont know what i hook it up to.
Also every time i turn my car off i have to Readjust my settings,

I need These Wiring diagrams....

1989 Chevy Corsica Wiring Diagram

Pioneer DEH-P6400 Wiring Diagram

If anyone has ether of these pleaze email it to me. <juggalo_17_6@hotmail.com>

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 232
that's the illumination wire.

Gillette, Wyoming USA

Post Number: 3
and its for what the lighting of the cd player.
if so that could explain why the cd players display goes negitive for 20 seconds every min.

what do i hook it to?

And what can u tell me about the memory part?
its a pain to sit and re-adjust my settings when i turn my car back on.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 234
No, it's the illumination wire, it's what turns the backlighting off on the keys and buttons when your headlights are not on, it also turns those same lights back on when you turn your headlights on.

The constant power wire isn't connected properly, that's why you're unable to keep the memory up on your stereo. I can't pinpoint the problem from minnesota to wyoming, just run a new wire directly to your battery, your car probably didn't have a constant power cable stock, and if it did then it's faulty.

the constant power wire is YELLOW on the back of your stereo, just connect a long wire to that, run it through your firewall and to the battery or to another constant power source.

The illumination wire isn't hooked up in my car, and pros barely ever hook the illumination wire up when installing because it usually only blows fuses and is useless.

Pioneer stereos with the OEL screen go negative ever minute to keep the face cool, it changes from blue to white, correct? well mine does the same thing except I have the deh-p960mp and it changes different colors. It's just how pioneer designed the screen to stay cool and not burn in any pixels. It's perfectly normal, even brand new out of the box on any pioneer stereo with the OEL screen :-)

Good luck! If you need anymore help, just let me know.

Gillette, Wyoming USA

Post Number: 4
Thanx Man That explains alot.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2798
its called "reverse" on my 880PRS and in the main setup you can turn it off. its rather annoying imo. and the screen would actually stay cooler in my case it it didn't change back and forth, since when its off, 90% of the pixels are off, lol.

and the Illumination wire doesn't ened to be hooked up on after market decks which pull significantly more power then stock because it lowers the voltage the unit receives i think and thats always bad. usually causes the screens to get burned up among various other not so good things, lol.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 239
Reverse! that's what it's called.. anyways, it's there to cool the screen, look it up on pioneer :-)

I didn't know you could turn it off? I'll have to dig through the menu on my 960mp.

It doesn't burn up the screens, it turns the backlighting off unless the headlights or running lights are on, when hooked up.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 240
The ill. wire doesn't burn up the screen.. is what I meant

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2811
yeah, not sure on the 960, but on mine you turn the unit off, and press and hold the left knob and it'll open up the set up menu where you change the clock, turn on or off the internal amp and stuff. the very last option is called "Reverse". turn that off and it'll stop flashing the screen around, lol.

on my 880 its black and white, so it changed from all lit (on) with the works and numbers black (off) to all black (off) with the numbers and letters on (lit)....if that makes any since....so having Reverse off keeps my screen cooler, lol.

it does something with the voltage which causes the HU to get screwed up...i've never used that wire and really see no reason to. the 880 has an auto illumination feature too i think where it'll brighten or dimm automatically...but i don't use that either. i want it to receive all the voltage it can get to produce the cleanest signal it can.

Bronze Member
Username: Kissdaredevil

Post Number: 18
retard

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 251
You're talking about blackout mode... At least that's what I'm gathering from your post.

The 880prs has blackout mode where you can turn the entire face off, don't know why pioneer did this.

Anyways, there is a reverse mode on my deck and I turned it off. I never really knew what it was for but now I do.

I've never heard of a h/u getting messed up from using the illumination wire. The wire simply turns off all the lights that are not needed during the day, and then turns them back on at night (when you turn your headlights/running lights on). I've never heard of it, that doesn't mean it hasn't happened! Just saying I've never heard of it.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2817
no, not black out mode. mines black and white, not color. so when it changed back and forth, it basically turns the screen on and the words off then turns the screen off and the words on....think about it for a second and i think you'll get it, lol.

pixels on are white, pixels off are off (black).

actually i thought it turned the HU lights dimmer at night so they aren't so bright and normal/bright durring the day time.

personally i've never had one get damaged from that either, but i've heard of some that have been. personally, i just don't use the wire on any of my installs unless the person asks for it to be hooked up.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 268
Okay, I get what you're saying.. it just wasn't very clear before.

Anyways, it turns the backlighting on the keypad on when the headlights come on, at least on my deck, and when the headlights are off the lights are off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us