Stereorama Clearwater Florida Use Extreme Caution

Bronze Member
Username: Spidercoder

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 80
Stay away from this retailer. They are defiantly anti internet car audio sales. I went there to have a box built and two amps installed and a batcap and a set of coaxil 6x 9 and 6.5 componets. I bought my head unit from them eclipse cd 3000. They did a nice job except they maxed out the gain on my diamond d3 400.4 running my componets. Take into consdieration that the eclipse head unit has 5 volt pre outs.This resulted un my amp clipping the heck out of my componets. I should have known something would be wrong when he started downing my componets saying every set he had to install he had to pull back out (talking about CDT), when I dropped everything off in the morning. He was telling me how the internet was killing the economy. Take in mind im a software developer. Mainly I build data driven web applications for the insurance field. So I just ignored him(internet hurt the econ YEA RIGHT). He was telling me this all while I was waiting to get my car.I go get in my car turn it on everything sounded good. Only problem was The SVC on head unit was turned all the way to negative. i adjusted that. Then after about twenty minutes of driven I turned it up pretty good and I heard a pop and smelled burning. well my driver side componet set was out. I thought sh** I blew my componets already. He must have been right about these CDT. It was only people who worked for CDT giving great reviews,so I made it to the the Barber shop. Got a cut left. Played music on the way home and pop at a alot lower volume level. I was like damn these things are junk. Well I got home and was like let me check that amp. It was soooo hot. Iw as like damn that aint right diamondto be hot it isnt junk. so I checked the gain guess what maxxed out. Come to find out the poping was my capacitors in the crossovers. I called another local stero shop today wich is a diamond retailer. Asked him about the gain and he said it should be pegged at bottom for 5v preouts. He said thats the benefit of having the 5v is being able to set the gain so low for clearer signal something to that effect anyway. I called the shop that did the install today and they said they would swap out my componets for free when I get a new set.But if those blow I should get a set of the Jl audio xr from them hed give me a great deal $355 lol. Anyways I said I dont think so You wont be putting you hands back in my car. He blamed the incident on being cheap capacitors in the CDT Crossover. Well he wouldnt think the economy was so bad if he didnt screw peoples stuff up to try to deter them from buying off the internet. He would be much better off doing quality installs for internet products. I plan on filing a suit for damages against this shop it only cost $54 for small claims then contact the better bussiness bureau. I dont care about the time from missing work Im a salary employee. so A Free day off from work. I willmake sure this comes back to these greedy as retailers ten fold. Considering I dropped $1100 on the install thats including all the wire box and headunit. To bad I paid cash or I woulod be disputing. Another thing was I was going to take my 2006 equinox to them afterwards But not now. Please Use Extreme Caution with dealing with Strerorama located in clearwater fl on Gulf to bay BLvd. What burns me is they knew what they were doing. He downed my componets then pop.
Now Im torn wether to get replacement CDT or just spend the extra 60 bucks for the Diamond hex s600a
Dan

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1625
watch out for the big fat guy tht contradicts everything u say!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 794
i dont live in florida but i will keep that in mind

Bronze Member
Username: Spidercoder

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 83
So are you Bill trying to contradict me

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3234
Dont you just love it when people at shops talk sh!t about components they have never even heard of!

I know of 2 shops that pulled that kinda stuff on a few of my friends...they love to peg the gains and bass boost.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us