JL 1000/1 ques..

Bronze Member
Username: Munkie

Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 27
aight so i bought the JL 1000/1 and im pretty much broke for now.. im just about to hook the amp up with my current subs for the time being...

My current subs are

(2) 10" Pioneers which are like 350 watts each..

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000F S10060203&catid=

Now before i hook them up, i wana make sure that the amp isnt too powerful for them... like im not worried about blowing my subs, but more worried about frying my amp.. im pretty sure it wont have problems running them on low gain, but is it safe 2 run such cheap subs with the 1000/1 till i get better subs?

thnx alot guyz..

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 98
You're fine.

My display 1000/1 has played everything from 1000w RMS Alpine Type X 12s to 2 150w RMS Alpine Type E 12s. Running cheap subs on a good amp isn't a problem, it's actually not a bad idea (more headroom means the amp plays cooler longer, among many other good things). Just keep the gain dialed in right and the bass boost low and the subs should sound pretty damn good.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5239
i even used my 1000/1 to power a single kicker cvr which is 400wrms. nothing happened. i used that amp for type X, treo ssi, and now the re sx 18. the amp is very reliable so you will use it for awhile.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
sweet, good 2 know -

a quick side question... i know with my old amp and current deck i use to hear lyics from my subs, and im know for a fact it was on Subwoofer output in the deck... i must say it was a cheap 2 channel pyramid amp.. but do you guys think itz the amp or the decks fault?

Im hoping the pyramid amp just didnt filter out the sounds well and the JL 1000 will do the trick...

Unless im totally wrong, and the deck is messed up itself, giving more then jus beats from "sub output"

Silver Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 110
It wasn't the amp or the HU, it was the tuning, in the study with a candlestick.

You need to set the crossover on the amp. Because of the cast amount of uses that a Nonfading (sub) out can be used for there is rarely a steep crossover (if any) preset on it. Set the crossover on your amp. I prefer keeping it between 60-80Hz (I always end up closer to 60, use your ears) with 12s.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Sweeeeeeeeet, thnx alot bob. hoooked the JL up 2day with my good sounding cheap subs.. did that frequency thing, and it like instantly tuned out all the voice and kept hte beats... thnx alot bud.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 188
"in the study with a candlestick".

haha, i dont think many people will pick up on that

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2161
another thing, save money for the sub,don't put any cheap model......check re,dd,treo,jlw7 orw6
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us