What db range should I hit with

Bronze Member
Username: Spidercoder

Post Number: 39
2 kicker 10L7 being pushed by an xtant 1000 watt monoblock. For mids and highs cdt ef 61 fg (6.5s)
being pushed by a diamond audio d3 400.4 bridged pushing 150 rms to each componet. My head unit I went with is the eclipse 3000cd. My subs are going in a sealed box. My install is scheduled tommorow
Its being installed by http://www.stereorama.com
They do great work. I ws just wondering how loud it would be. The only other system I had was 2 kicker 12 cvr being pushed by a jl audio 500/1 with infinty coaxials 5 x 7 and 6x 9 going through a cheap panasonic deck. Im just wondering how this is going to sound compared to the old system. It hit ok but not like I wanted. So any feedback from
you guys would be great.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 68
10 billion decibels.

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1026
not nice hes just asking a question di@k..... like 156.3 dBs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
I want my system to be loud but I didnt want to sacrifice any sound quality by going with a vented box. Plus Nothings better than feeling tight hard bass rip through your body. Im pretty anxious to see how this sounds tommorow. I dont plan on competeing I dont think this setup would good enough anyway. I just want a loud hard hitting well rounded system.

Bronze Member

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 72
Sorry dad...

Daniel, my answer was supposed to indicate that it is almost impossible to predict exactly how loud your system will be without knowing what kind of car, enclosure size, etc. As far as 156 dB goes, I thought I was the one being mean...

Bronze Member

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 73
Also, if you're concerned about getting a lot of SPL you can still get a great quality to your sound with a vented box. Talk to your shop and see what kind of vibe there is to the installer. Ask about getting a vented box with good SQ, most installers who know how to build a clean sounding vented will do so because it pays them more. If the installer says "Vented boxes don't sound good" then stick with your sealed enclosure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
ok This equipment will be going in a 2006 Nissan altima. I know i could not get the exact db but I was wondering what most people were getting or have saw with similar setup. Or people with alot of experienxe would be able to give a decent range. Tommorow when I drop off my car Im going to talk with them on either the vented or sealed.

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1033
yes i was joking haha, yeah its all about install, and you can make a box that will sound almost as good as a sealed box bye porting it but it will be louder still
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us