What do I need?

Bronze Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 67
ok, ive got 6.5 alpine type r's in the front doors and 6.5 blaupunkt pcx662 (the clear ones) in the rear doors of a grand cherokee... i want to dynomat the doors anyways pretty soon but as of right now my highs sound kinda terrible at higher volumes... they are all powered by a panasonic cq-c8303u head unit only... also, im not even sure if the polarity is correct on all of them... they sound good but not what i was expecting from type r's... other peoples car speakers get much louder than mine, and sound clear while still being way louder than mine... i know peoples cars that the highs are way loud and super clear for like a half a block away... anyway, enough ranting... do i need to get an amp for my speakers? eq? crossover? anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4651
Amp, definitely. What's your budget and what is the model number on your Alpines in the front doors and Blaupunkts (ouch) in the rear doors?

Do you have a subwoofer? I ask because, if you did, you could turn on the HPF (high pass filter) on your head unit and the door speakers wouldn't distort as fast. Otherwise, the door speakers are responsible for accurately reproducing the entire scope of the audio spectrum-something they're ill-equipped to handle, especially sub-125Hz frequencies.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 548
amp them and make sure polarity is correct

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 973
you can get a decent amp for really not much money at all.

If you're patient, and do some research you can find good used 2 ch amps on ebay for $50 or less.

A good 50-100x2 amp will make a world of difference.

You can get a solid refurbished Profile amp from profilecaraudio.com for less than $70 shipped. To find something new that's decent you'll have to spend closer to $100, and of course if you want something new, and nice, it can go well over $100.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
there is no subwoofer at all right now, just those 4 speakers... the hpf and lpf are set right where i want them for now, and ive tweaked both of them alot already... not really a budget for the amp but i will get one... and have polarity checked... subwoofer and amp will be soon, though...

the blaupunkt model number is above, the type rs are just type r 6.5, just the speakers...

Username: Mdl33189

Post Number: 1
Okay I have a Pontiac Sunfire with Pioneer Mids and Highs, a Kenwood 50x4 head unit. I want to get two Kicker S12L72 and I'm wondering is a ZX1500.1 Amp gonna power those or should I look into a dif amp, I also just put a new battery in the car but I'm not sure if it's gonna have enough juice, I'm no expert on this stuff but the battery says it has 650w of starting power, just looking for some advice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
would this be a good amp to run all 4 door speakers or is it overkill? its 90 watts x 4 at 4 ohm... i was wanting to get matching soundstream amps of that series and get a big one for my subwoofer, i need at least 900 watts at 2 ohm for the subwoofer...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Soundstream-XTA720-4-4-Channel-Amplifier-1440W-Amp-New_W0QQi temZ140022812265QQihZ004QQcategoryZ4950QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2742
amp is fine

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2101
"Okay I have a Pontiac Sunfire with Pioneer Mids and Highs, a Kenwood 50x4 head unit. I want to get two Kicker S12L72 and I'm wondering is a ZX1500.1 Amp gonna power those or should I look into a dif amp, I also just put a new battery in the car but I'm not sure if it's gonna have enough juice, I'm no expert on this stuff but the battery says it has 650w of starting power, just looking for some advice"

you'll need an electrical upgrade... check iraggi alternators or talk to nate.

you can use that amp if they're dual 2 ohm both... i'd get the CVX cuz they're better SQL subs.. l7s are plain Spl

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 274
i know a michael graham where are u from????

Username: Mdl33189

Post Number: 6
Florida

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
i was also noticing that my reciever goes to 40... when listening to the radio i have to turn it up over half way before you can really even hear it good... sucks...

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 75
Check to see if you have a Source Level Adjustment (SLA) on that deck.

An quick, easy, and somewhat accurate way to check phase is to balance the speakers to the left, back to center and then to the right. Do this for the fronts, rears and then centered. If you have a drop in midbass when centered you may have a phase issue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us