Alittle smoke??from my amp lol...

Silver Member
Username: _jay_

Post Number: 186
well i just got the a2008v...n' i didn't feel like re-wirin my subs so i played them for about 10 minutes....not even half way...with 2ohm to each channel. and i go 2 change my fuse cuz i blew it while changing my power connection...n' all of a sudden it go POP....n' then smoke comes out lol..... but i have no idea on what happend...i opened it up..nothing is fried..but wont come outa protection mode now.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4645
You probably lost some output devices. I'd suggest contacting Jason at www.audiotekx.com

Here's a pricing guide: http://www.audiotekx.com/services.html

They do an excellent job and have a 60 day warranty after repair.

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
well i have a factory warrenty. so should i just call audioburn?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4647
Technically it isn't covered under warranty, but it's worth a try.

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
darnet...i have everything..just not a reciept from the dealer....hmm i wonder if my local audio shop(sound world) would fix it..

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3290
have you contacted audiobahn anyways? cause they might say its alright and you dont need a recipt

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
i sent them an e-mail....because their office hours r over already, so i will wait till tommaro, if they don't respond..then i'll probly call them again. i looked over it and even took pictures if you would like to see them...there is nothing blowen..but on the side of the amplifier on the inside there is a white blemish..or kinda burn mark?? on the metal..but nothing wrong with anything in the area?

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 343
my Power Acoustik amp did that b4 too... i sent it back they sent me a new one no idea what it was though, the white you see is probally just heat sync gel that was smeered

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
yes, waiting for a response, i'll probly either get it repaired or a new one asap...probly buy another 1..n' sell the old 1 lol =]

Bronze Member
Username: Thed42

Post Number: 11
Your an idiot did you happen to double check your wiring or calculate the load. Those number rating actually mean something.

Username: Buloi123

Philippines

Post Number: 6
If you've changed the same fuse rating, your amp was quite safe.
The smoke was just coming from the fuse. Blowing your fuse means that your amp draw a lot of current beyond its capability, so, there's something wrong with your set-up. Try to check if a 2-ohm load is in the specs of your amp. Maybe your amp only allows 4-ohms or 8-ohms load.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us