I need more power

Bronze Member
Username: Nvmyboom

Post Number: 87
I have two 12" cvr's and a 4000w lanzar vibe286 amp. When i run the subs as of right now, I cant turn the volume up all that loud. When i driving, obviously, i can turn them up alot louder. But i still cant give them that much power without the amp going into protection mode. Should i get a new alternator so i can turn my amp up, cause its barely even on. Or are there other options.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 424
no u dont need a new alt get a diferent amp

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4608
It would be a great idea to get a high output alt...especially for future upgrades.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
So would a alt. solve the problem. Cause i would rather keep the amp and put money towards and alt. rahter than putting money into another amp.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4609
Yep, a HO alt would solve the problem.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 536
why did you create another thread for this when you already had one going?

but from your other thread, it seems like you don't have them wired correctly, and that you just tried what seemed to work. you probably have them wired to too low of an impedence, and when you turn it up, your trying to get way more out of your amp than intended, and thats why its going into protection mode.

here's a link to a wiring tutorial.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=145

find out exactly what voice coil configuration your subs are and make sure you have them wired correctly. if your running your amp bridged, it is probably only stable down to 4 ohm. you probably have a 2 ohm load or lower right now.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4610
^Nice, I didn't know he had a thread going on this.

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
you even said yourself that you "tried to wire each sub to each channel" and "one was moving the opposite way". that just means you reversed the polarity on one, and shows that you dont quite know what your doing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
no no no. I do know what im doing. if you read that thread i said i doubled checked the pos. and neg. ends. Im not that stupid. I have my amp bridged and my subs hooked up in series right now. I just need to know if i need a different amp or a new alt.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4611
Hey, two4fifteen, I noticed you also have a Clarion DXZ945MP? How's that working out for you?

Silver Member

Post Number: 538
i love it. the screen holds up great and actually stays clean, touch controls work without a hitch, the pre-outs are strong, the ADF does a great job with sq, t/a is there if you need it,i use the aux input with my sirius and mp3 player, but the p.eq has a somewhat limited amount of bands, although its excellent if you only have a few problems areas since all 3 have the entire freq. range and adjustable Q. i just wish my case didnt break for the faceplate.

how do you like yours?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4622
I've had the same thoughts with mine, the ADF does wonders for mp3 files and basically any other media source as well! I'm also using the aux-in and am not disappointed at all with it. I've loved the touchscreen interface, especially the track selection methods; this is one of the only touchscreen units I've used with a 'slide' and 'hold' type of track selection, it's ingenious to say the least.

How did the faceplate case break? I've had the tabs that hold it shut break, but it still clicks shut adequately enough without problems.

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
the tabs were broken before i even got it, and the case would never click or stay shut. but thats my only real beef. that, and the limited text thats able to be displayed on the small oval in the middle. but these are very minor to me.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4625
Cool, so you got it used? I also did, much better price, and they hold their value surprisingly well!

Silver Member

Post Number: 540
no, i actually got it new. it just came that way, and im not one to make a huge deal about something small like that, so i just got over it.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4629
Sorry to hear that...

Silver Member

Post Number: 542
by the way, are you using those 8" mtx 5000's for midbass? if so, how do you like them, where do have them located in your car, and what frequency range are you limiting them to?

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
and NVmyBOOM, sorry for straying off topic. please feel free to ask any more questions about your dilemma...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4637
I'm glad you brought that up, I've been meaning to get a pic of them up in my setup thread(I just answered your question there): https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/262672.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Ya, would a bigger battery solve my problem, and maybe a capacitor?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us