Dynamat

Bronze Member
Username: Lowfront

Post Number: 90
There are so many dynamat products, wondering if there worth it?...And what would be the essential parts of the car to dynamat besides the trunk?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1503
worth it, but there's other sound deadning. look into edead, it's probably one of the cheapest that works well. and basically you can dynamat anything, trunk, trunk lid, doors, roof, hood, etc.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4552
Dynamat xtreme is the only thing worth getting, but it's ridiculously expensive, they have many alternative deadening solutions for much cheaper like ctmike has mentioned. Fatmat works great too.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2678
Dynamat Extreme is $122 for a bulk pack from Ikesound, thats not too bad. enough to almost do the entire car.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4026
I whould look into www.damplifier.com much better then dynamat extreme at a lower price. I personally am using damplifier pro but the regular damplifier is good enough for any install. Besides anthony provides excellant customer service and runs the company.

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1263
^yes great products, and anthony (owner is an awesome guy to deal with)

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
how much should I get?

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1274
depends on how much u want to spend and what kind of results you want to achieve

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
I want to go all out really...

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
.............so if I want to do the whole car

how much should I get?

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
they told me a popular thing is 80feet of the pro with that goo stuff they have....

Idk, over 300bucks...

Is it worth it?

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 677
if u got 2 much bass its worthless gittin deadner cause i thought it work it did but then i hooked up 2 12 type rs in a 8 cube box tuned @ 24hz wit a orion 2500 @ 1ohm an doors flex out an inch trunk rattles gas tank rattles didnt rattle b4 untill i had them type rs in

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3295
24hz?? why so low?? your better off goin sealed

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3296
and yes, second skin is a fantastic product to work with. better than dynamat extreme IMO, and is a lil cheaper

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1281
if you want to do full coverage .. and your serious about going all out it will probably cost about 800 to do a VERY good job.. all rattling in the car should be eliminated, road noise will be very dramaticaly reduced door midbass will be improved.. stop by the forum sign up be apart of the community and we can help yah there.. (you also get a 20% discount on your order for being a forum member ;) )

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 34
To be clear about your question, sound deadening products simply "stiffen" the panel they are on. Essentially this reduces unwanted noise from entering and stops wanted noise (music) from leaving. Assuming you are deadening the entire car you will most likely hear an audible difference (+3 db) in SPL from your subwoofers. Midbass is often increased because the deadening helps eliminate back waves from blasting right out of your comparably thin door skin. No amount of any product can stop certain panels from rattling, this is something only time and patience can solve.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4919
that reminds me...i need to do my doors....ugh.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1435
In all honesty it doesn't actually stiffen anything but in fact it helps to absorb energy and to shift the resination frequency down to an inaudible range. I have used Dynamat extreme but to do a full midsize to full size you will need a few of those bulk packs to really get it done. I have no body panel noises even though they flex like a b!tch but I do get under car rattles which are really annoying and seem to get a different sound for different music, lol. When you stop one thing from rattling, you just start another somewhere else, LMFAO..Polo.. :-O

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1288
enough of it and it will be all gone heh..yeh it doesnt really stiffin.. it pretty much just adds weight to the panel and transfers the vibration energy to heat.. damplifier is a better and cheaper product than dynamat.. and of course the spl gain will totally vary from car to car and the extend of the deadaning

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 78
Alright alright, to be fair I put stiffen in my "this is marketing bull" AKA "MECP style ignore this word" quotes. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us