AMP TROUBLE!

Bronze Member
Username: Dodge_dylan

Missouri Usa

Post Number: 25
i have a 2000 dodge ram V8. and i have put 2 15" comp vr's and a 1250.1 kicker sx amp......and my amp keeps turning off by itself but then it turns back on by itself (thats when i have my volume up loud)......is it the amp or is it my truck battrey????? (oh and my amp is mounted on top of my subs, i dont know if that really matters) im only 15 and i dont really know about this stuff
(oh and could it b my alternator or do i need a cap compasitor or something like that)

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4489
Your alt doesn't have enough power for your system. You'll need to get a high output alternator.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3210
if its shutting off like that too, check to make sure to have a good solid ground. making sure its grounded to BARE METAL, and not paint. check your gain too, to make sure you have it set correctly. if you dont know how, there atre plenty of threads in the amp section about gains

Bronze Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

Post Number: 36
Listen to bass i had teh same damn problem my amp would just shut off it pissed me off so much.... Turned out that my ground was hitting metal making my amp go into protection mode everyime i hit some hard bass. Check your wires out...

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1330
Your ground should have been firmly connected to metal - not just hitting it. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 277
surprised no one asked what ohm load he's pulling from the amp (not that he would have any idea)...kind of sounds to me like he's overtaxing the amp....

then again....what exactly do you mean by "my amp is mounted on top of my subs"?...is it on top of the sub box or are the 15's blowing straight into the amp possibly flexing the $hit out of it?

Just 2 questions I had to ask....sorry

Bronze Member
Username: Dodge_dylan

Missouri Usa

Post Number: 27
my amp is on top of my box.....and each sub has a 4ohm and my amp is a kicker sx 1250.1

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 297
so you're pulling a 2ohm load from the amp which is capable of doing 625watts at that ohm load...

I'm assuming you have another amp hooked up to run your mids & tweets?

I would also assume that you have AT LEAST 4ga. wire running to that amp?

If all those things are accurate than Jexx is probalby right again as usual....

OR, maybe you just happen to have a faulty amp (it can happen)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us