Question about an amplifier

Username: Kissdaredevil

Post Number: 2
i work with a lot of car audio products. but i was curious about other peoples thoughts about kenwood class d amps? can anybody recommend any other class d's that are decently priced like 1500 watts under $200 class d

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6389
I can tell you a few but I dont reccomend them. Hifonic's, audiocrap

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 790
if you are looking for 1500rms then you wont find it for under 200 bucks ,, you wont even get a 1500rms amp from hifonics or audiobahn for under $200 unless its used or possibly a refurb .. but if you mean Watts as in arch power or max power however you like to call it then yes you can get somthing buts it really never a good idea to buy based on arch or max power ratings so find out what the rms is on the subs and buy a amp that will give you that power at what ever ohms load you will be presenting the amps with depending on ur speakers

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11594
you get what you pay for. I've had a lot of issues over the years with kenwood amplifiers liking to shut down at 2 ohm loads for no apparent reason, and premature failures.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 854
Ive been running a X811D at 1 ohm for about six months with no problems. but its no way near 1500wrms, I metered it at 852 wrms. I would not get Kenwood again, and plan on dithing this one soon. Looking at the Orion D2500 or D5000, or MMats, or Memphis.

Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 9
Kenwood makes some good head units but there other products not worth it even know they can be had for cheap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us