Straighten this out for me

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 104
Ok are audiobahnamps good or bad? at first i heard audiobahn is garbage but now i ve hard so many different things i cant even decide anymore. Cuz i mean there really cheap and that would be really nice if they were good too.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 780
they arent that cheap,, only the intake series are cheap and yes they do there rated power and they are a great budget amp but if you need to go into the larger amps or if you need somthing that is 1 ohm stable you would have to buy from a series other then there intake series and those get pricey so people would rather choose a different brand

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 105
how do they compare to hifonics?

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 784
i would choose um over hifonics but thats just me and i have my reason but others might think otherwise so its really just up to you to decide what you would like to have

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 675
Im having same problem if one person would clear it out why people keep saying save up more money if i could save up i would lol so the audiobhan is somthing that should be in the "good" part of the listing?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4426
Audiobahn amps do their rated power (or close enough to it) yes, but the build quality is subpar. One really can't expect an audiobahn amp to last very long as opposed to something with more quality.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 677
would you say go for say a kicker zx 400 ranked in same price range and probably puts out around 600wRMS at 2ohms over audiobhan?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4427
Absolutely.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2012
audiobahn makes good amps but you need to know about amps cuz they tend to blow easily if you don't control the gain/many other reasons... i don't like them too much... i think they're kinda messy hehe... but for the money you can afford better except their intake series...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6245
AGREED^ Kicker is a much better built amp then audiocr@p

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2217
i'd look into mtx before a-burn, kicker is a MUCH better amp, me personally would never buy anything audioburn, i'd save up and buy something better.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 785
MTX is ok but if you are gonna have to sit around saving up you might as well go Zapco or JL AUDIO or RE or with somthing along those lines and i wouldnt say that MTX was worth the save ... Car Audio, some people believe it should be in the good catagory of the good bad and ugly because right now its the best amp in the questionable and leaving it in such horrible company really seems unjust to those that know Audiobahn makes a good amp that does its rated power and is built tough enough to be considered good as for there subs i would have to say that most of them should go in the bad catagory and i just saw some of there new components speakers in action the other day and it really seems to me that there speakers and subs are getting worse and worse... but on the other hand they have really made leaps and bounds in there amps considering the fact that Audiobahn has only been around since 1997 but i dont really know where they are going with there Subs and components, maybe one day they will realize that it isnt about Flash with some quality and start building somthing thats all quality with zero flash but until then i would say the amps are fine and everything else made by them sucks

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 786
Oh man, i hadnt looked at the good bad and ugly post on Caraudiocentral.net in a long time but i just did and it seems that since the last time i looked audiobahn amps have been added to the good list and stripped from questionable

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 678
So some times its not always how many RMS your putting in but the Quality of RMS going in?

Soo for 150USD at 2ohms what would be a great buy off ebay for a sub thats 750RMS Kicker CVX DUAL 4OHM ?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2034
kicker ZX 750.1

i think that audiobahn is on the good side cuz they put their real power, the use cooling fans so... that's better than boss and many other brands... but i still think that they're too messy... if you touch this might blow heehhe do you get it man???

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6256
no matter what you buy at that price you are not gonna get rated power from it. Typically you want to stay in the $.70- $1 /watt range for a quality amp

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4674
i am following you^^^:-)

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6265
Didnt your mother teach you not to be a follower!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4683
....i ummmm

no!

:-)

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6268
:-):-):-)

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2218
http://cgi.ebay.com/WOW-KICKER-Class-D-KX600-1-CAR-AMPLIFIER-WORKING-GOOD_W0QQit emZ330020414718QQihZ014QQcategoryZ79829QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem heres a kx600.1 that would work for that cvx, but i'd still go with the mtx 1501d.

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 491
i would take hifonics over that piece of crap amp any day

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6282
over what piece of crap Tyler?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 116
whatever im just gonna get the hifonics its so many watts for such a good price. but how can i measure how many watts my amp is putting into my subs? cuz i am going to buy a significantly overpowering amp and i want to adjust the gain until i get the right wattage when i turn it up to max volume.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 679
that 1501D went for 270 bucks BRO! Thats double my budget and then some.

IM looking to strech it to Canadian i dont know how much it comes to but i cant put more then 240 Canadian down. 220USD including shipping. THere. Lets work with that.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 121
the hifonics 1606D is only 250 shipped and the 1206D is 225 shipped

Gold Member

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2225
i never guranteed it was going to be in your budget, it started in your budget range.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6352
if Hifonic's was the only thing in my budget I would save up to broaden my budget before I ever bought that piece of crap, but thats me.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 129
i hear that hifonics are actually good amps. my friend has one of their 4 channels and sounds very good powering his infinity speakers (2 6x9s and 2 6.5inch kappas) But is there any thing else that i can invest in that will do 800 rms in that price range 250 w/shipping

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1326
I hate intake series audiobahns. Had loads of problems with them.. Always going into protect.. (thermal - even with the fans working, and the car being pretty cool. Was NOT clipping it, either.)

Scalding hot to the touch, too.. I dont know.. but out of the two I've used, both have been not great experiences... (10x better than sony/lanzar/power acoustik experiences I've had, tho).

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6382
ebay! you can find something I am sure. How about a ED nine.1

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 136
excuse my ignorance but what manufacture is that?

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 368
elemental designs

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 369
elemental designs

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 139
costs too much for my budget i dont want to spend more than 250 w/shipping. whats the best i can get thats 700 RMS or more for that price?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 140
ok i found a PG 15.0:1 for a great price im gonna buy it. thanks fo all your help though.

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 372
u looking for about 700rms, get the kx600.1 its underated so it puts out about 800rms, and they are in ur price range

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 141
ok i found a PG 15.0:1 for a great price im gonna buy it. thanks fo all your help though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us