JL 300/4 Output Problem

Username: Ndo2002

Post Number: 1
Hey guys I'm hoping someone here can help me out here. I love JL products but I'm at the point of just buying another amp.

Okay the problem: I have a JL 300/4 running a pair of BA 6x9s in the back and a pair of BA SX50s in the front on a Clarion HDX-10 headunit. When everything is connected and the stereo is on I can barely hear the front and rear speakers. If I turn the input sensitivity to max and turn the headunit volume up all the way the speaker output it was I would call normal level with a lot of distortion.

I've tried every setting on the amp itself to no avail. I have a w3v2 sub hooked up to an e1200 amp and that works fine. I swapped all the RCA lines to the e1200 and they work with it. Also moved the rear speaker wires to the e1200 and they worked fine too. I've therefore pretty much narrowed the problem down to something with the 300/4 amp.

Anyone have any ideas? Like I said I don't want to dump the 300/4 but I need to get the system working.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4820
it sounds like something is wrong with the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Justababyboy

Philly, PA

Post Number: 122
Have you played with the settings on your head unit?

Username: Ndo2002

Post Number: 2
Yeah I went through all the sound sculpting settings to see if it was being translated to the speakers and it was. The headunit itself has no internal amp so there isn't any settings relating to the preamp outputs (save for the non-fader level which works fine.)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us