Sony Xplod Amp Problem

Username: Udalix

Post Number: 1
Ok, i need help. I hook up my amp and nothing works, it was working fine up till now. the power is hooked up properly and so is the ground and remote. I have a good ground and connection to the battery. I checked the remote and it is connected to the cd player still. The amp wont even turn on. The only way i can get it to turn on is to jump the power and the remote, but even then the amp still dosent out put anything into the sub?? I have no clue what is going on. Can someone help me plz. My amp model is XM-2200GTX for ref, im really stumped.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4259
Can you take a pic of the install? Is the amp touching metal at all(including the screws holding it down, are they touching metal)? It could be grounding itself out, or it just fried. Sony amps are very poorly made.

Bronze Member
Username: Coolwazabi

Nashville, TN United States

Post Number: 68
that sucks...

Bronze Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 27
have you tried turning on the stereo??? (just a thought). but i think you may have fried it. are you sure that you connected the output from the head unit to the amp then to the speakers corectly. then i might try grounding the housing i dont kno if this will harm your amp but as a last attempt to fix it, it might work(iv grounded my housing)

Bronze Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 28
!!!!!!!!!!!!oh and make sure your battery isnt too dead to run all this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 91
if your battery is too dead to turn on a sony xplod amp, i dont think it would even start your car

Post Number: 2
Ys, i dont have a cam to take a pic. It not being held dowm right now. The battery id fine my car runs great,and yes, i did turn on the stereo, im not a noob,lol,jk. The amp isnt touching any metal or anything so....

Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 3
Thanx for the advice guys if i still cant fix the problem im just going to get myself a new amp, thanx again.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1979
hahaha nice joke/reality....

Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 6
Ok dont laugh.....I forgot to check the fuse off the battery,lol. Everything works fine, just changed the fuse.

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 373
I would say get a new amp, even IF you can fix the Sony

Bronze Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

Post Number: 29
yeah ditch that amp. I have it and thats what im trying to do

Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 7
Ya all in good time, its working now so im going to upgrade the components first,(stock door speakers just dont cut it)

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1009
didnt check the fuse and not a noob shouldnt come from the same brain hahahah jkjk, but seriously cmon haha

Bronze Member

Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 13
ya oh well, i overlooked it, just slipped my mind man.(dont laugh at me)

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1014
hehehehe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us