Power Acoustik 3.0 Farad ???

Bronze Member
Username: Coolwazabi

Nashville, TN United States

Post Number: 32
POWER ACOUSTIK 3.0 FARAD CAR AUDIO DIGITAL CAPACITOR is it good or no ? what about massive ? i have subs that rms about 2200 and a class D amp about 1800 so how much farad i needa gets ?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8631
what do u have???

http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 968
all the farads you need should be inside the amp.

caps outside the amp are little more than eye candy - if you dig shiny cylindrical objects

Bronze Member
Username: Coolwazabi

Nashville, TN United States

Post Number: 66
i do..

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1366
"all the farads you need should be inside the amp.

caps outside the amp are little more than eye candy - if you dig shiny cylindrical objects"

If you have an upgraded electrical system then the above statement is false! As posted in the past, a cap can have great benefits as long as it is used properly in conjunction with a full electrical upgrade. Do not use one because you think it will give you more power, it won't. On average a recommended farad to wattage ratio is 1000Wrms. You know funny thing is that even with an upgraded system you can still suffer from the disco-ball (flashing lights) effects just because it takes a fraction of a second for your alts voltage regulator to kick in. A high amperage alt can make this worse because of the higher voltage, the load (high current amps) will drag it down from around 15V to battery voltage faster than the regulator can react. Even though just for that short time but because speed of light is faster than the regulator it is still highly noticable!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us