Upgrading to 12'' or 13'' w6 or w7 with JL box

Username: Z_accoustics

Worcester, Massachusetts

Post Number: 4
Hey fallaz, I bought a CD8454 about a year ago cause it was the best on the market and had 8v pre-out. I couldn't be more happy with the sound of this unit. My only dillemma right now is that it's broken (someone tried to steal it and failed). Somehow the people stealing it managed to do something that now prevents a disc from feeding in all the way, it hits the CD spindle which i'm guessing is suppose to be lower than it is. That means i will try to have eclipse service it but I may end up getting a new head unit too. I bought my CD8454 from cartoys and now they don't carry Eclipse. They say they have taken a turn for the worse in quality, but there may be more to it than that. The CD5000 has about the same specs as the CD8454 did, satellite radio, mechanical face, 8v pre-out, 11 band EQ, memory stick etc. Can anyone verify that the CD5000 is in some way less good than my CD8454? And is this rummor about eclipse getting bad true and in what ways with reguard to the CD5000.

thanks for any info

Username: Z_accoustics

Worcester, Massachusetts

Post Number: 5
sorry this has the wrong topic cause my browser saved the form fields :/

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4189
Yep, they have made their units available to Best Buy, Circuit City etc. Since they now have to manufacture more products for the stores, their quality has gone down quite dramatically. I saw the CD7000 and thought it was a Pyle or Pyramid from the obvious design they have stolen from Pioneer(only low-end brands use obvious designs from other head units), yet they still want $550 for it??

I just don't see Eclipse as being very high quality anymore. Repair is probably the best thing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us