Tweeters

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2238
how do u put tweeters in if theer is no spot for them in the door sorry ive never put them in before thanks guys and im talking running wires and everything

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 352
put the crossover inside the door and run the wire from the tweeter to that and cut a hole for the tweeter

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1066
Just wondering;

WHAT EXACTLY HAVE YOU BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME, SINCE YOU ARE A "gold member?"

Bronze Member
Username: Alexochoa

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 96
lol!! Mixneffect...

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2607
member status really doesn't mean you know anything more then the next person.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1070
I am not trying to be a jerk, but the above mentioned inquiry seems like a logical question and is almost a non issue.

Cmon really!

In the amount of time it takes to post 1000 times, one would only assume that you should also read other posts and learn.

There have been numerous posts, even with pictures with systems that were installed in modified places.

So thats why I asked.

I just assumed that someone that has been arround here for a while should already have an idea wher to put a tweeter if a factory cutout does not exist.

Also, I asked it because it may be that charlie has probably been posting in other sections such as games and computers, who knows, right?

No Pun Intended Charlie

peace:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 55
If your location is not set in stone then hook everything up, move your tweeter around and place it where it sounds the best. Also, if you can avoid it, do not put the crossover inside of the door panel. No matter where you put it you run a high risk of the crossover rusting, which is no good for your shiny new speakers. :-)

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2270
it was just a question on how to run the wires and exactly what wires i need to run i know where they go and everything but how often do we actually talk abotu actual wiring on this website honestly but ya atleast im asking a question better then just being a a## abotu soemthing trying to make someone look stupid which by the way i will never take credit for something i dont know and this is one of them and also i dont know much about box building so get over it im a gold member yes and do i deserve to be with what i know i would say yes there are just a couple topics i dont know about i mean do you know everything in car audio no nobody does thats waht these forums are for to ask questions just liek i just did so after all that stfu

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 269
You'll need to run your positive and negative speaker wires to your crossover and then from the crossover + and - to the tweeter and another set of + and - to the woofer, it's that simple.

As has been said, if you don't have stock tweets then play around with the location to figure out where you like them. You can put you crossovers where you want and plenty of people put them in the door. It's not the best place but it's an option. I've seen crossovers all over the place, glove box, behind the dash, under seats and I actually have mine in the trunk as part of my stock amp bypass. Once you get all the components and take a look at what you have to work with it's fairly self explanitory.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2275
ya ive never actually seen comps up close and uninstalled thanks for the explanation though

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3297
lol. wow, mixineffect, who the f@ck cares

just because you dont know EVERYTHING about car audio doesnt mean that ur an idiot.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1198
actually, I like to test the tweeters in a bunch of different spots first and try them in and out of phase to see if it makes a difference. I would suggest getting some velcro and mounting the tweeters in different positions in the car to see where the best sound is and then also try them out of phase. Wiring out of phase is you switch the polarity. I kinda am suprised you asked this question too but o well atleast its a better question that "which one is better"

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2345
ive just never had any hands on experience with tweets ive only done reg speakers subs and amps okay and the occasional hu

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4125
If you've never worked with components, I'd have somebody that has install them. Sound imaging is everything.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2356
ill be fine i have a couple good guys that know what there doing

Username: Tyler_from_harrisburg

Post Number: 1
hey whats up im lookin for some help on installing tweeters in a 2000 ford explorer i already have replaced my factory speakers and need to know how to install tweeters they have a built in crossover.. thanks fot the help

Username: Tyler_from_harrisburg

Post Number: 2
hey whats up im lookin for some help on installing tweeters in a 2000 ford explorer i already have replaced my factory speakers and need to know how to install tweeters they have a built in crossover.. so yea if you could just tell me everything that would be great .. allright thanks

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1230
it if has its own crossover than you wire it into the speaker wires. If the crossover has outputs for a woofer than you wire the speaker wire into the input and than seperate wires go out from the woofer and tweeter outputs to their respective drivers.

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 310
Does any one know where to get some kick panels for a 94 cutlass. I checked Qlogic and they didnt have my car so i was wandering if there was other places. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us