Hifonics BXi 2006D Power Rating Legit

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 374
Does the Hifonics BXi 2006D have a legit and accurate power rating? It claims 2000w RMS...Would this amp compare to the Soundstream PCA2000D, better or worse?

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 958
It has been pretty well accepted recently that HF's Brutus' come up a little short on their power ratings, but from the one test result I've seen the 06 line isn't that far off their ratings. Maybe 1600-1700 from the 2006??

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3051
what kind of fuses does that amp have?

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 614
BXI1606D (What about this amp 1600RMS ?? How much is it really putting out? It has 2 80AMP fuses.

THers also BXi1206D that puts out 900RMS for a 750RMS Kicker CVX which amp owuld better suit knowing for 1. Im not going to max my gains only about 70% of the way and 2. the amps are always a bit overrated for tehe xtra 4 bucks on ebay sohuld i get 1100RMS or 900RMS at 2ohms?

Sorry to hijack thread i didn want to make another one since its all Hifonics related.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1342
go with the kicker of those two, better build and will put out about the same power as the hifonics, if not more.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 500
the zx750 ... minimum birth sheet ive seen is around 875 -920 .. and that was 10-15 of each model of amps ..

zx1000 - 1100-1200
zx1500 - 1600-1700
zx2500 - 2600-2700

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3055
well, if you were to do the simple math, taking into account the 2 80a fuses, the BxI 2006D will put out around 1850 watts :-)

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3056
and all kicker are underrated

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 615
But for the price can 1100RMS to 750 RMS be beat?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3058
i dont understand what you mean,lol

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 616
THe hifonics puts out 1100RMS at 2ohms and kicker i tink 750RMS?

Why pay more for less RMS?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3062
yea. they will both put out around the same

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 617
The 1100RMS with 2 80A fuses at 2ohms bridged would be more then enough for a kicker cvx right:-)? Why would i pay moree for a better "name brand"? Or is tehre really that much of a differnece.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3064
better quality is a big issue. i look at hifo nothing more than a budget brand, and i would rec kicker to anyone who wants a good amp.

there isnt a huge diff, but you will notice it if you were to compare them side-by-side. if you belive that amplifer give off better sq etc, then the kicker wil def give you better sq. it will also last longer

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1872
yes, all comes to durability... I think you can't compare hifonics 2006d against soundstream pca 2000d, soundstream is better.

Another thing is that hifonics is a good budget brand like the PHD man said, and Car Audio, try to go with the best brand if you can afford it, i'd go with kicker if i had the money

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 618
Kickers are rated at RMS watts right? So the 750 is RMS at 2ohms?

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 383
yea get the zx750.1 for a cvx

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 619
Well other then ebay any other places for a great buy on that item?

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 384
no not for a great buy ebay is the cheapest place. find someone around you who has one and wait until about 3 in the mornin and break into there car with a crowbar and take that sh1t

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1885
hahaha, check www.woofersetc.com (expensive)

www.sonicelectronix.com
www.onlinecarstereo.com

Check if you can find alpine mrd 1005, is cheaper than kicker and the quality is good

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 963
<hr>BXI1606D (What about this amp 1600RMS ?? How much is it really putting out? It has 2 80AMP fuses. <hr>
That's the only benchtested '06 HF amp I've seen. It was 1300w.

<hr>
Why would i pay moree for a better "name brand"? Or is tehre really that much of a differnece.
<hr>
Not a huge difference, but with Kicker you'd expect an amp that should last a long time, possibly a lifetime. With HF, you'd LIKE it to last a long time, but if it died in a year or two nobody would be terribly surprised.

<hr>better quality is a big issue. i look at hifo nothing more than a budget brand<hr>
That's quite the blanket statement.
Brutus is HF's lowest line, and they're considered some of the better amps available in the price range. There are several amps in HF's lineup that are easily among some of the more impressive amps available.

<hr>if you belive that amplifer give off better sq etc, then the kicker wil def give you better sq.<hr>
Ah boy - the good 'ol SQ sub amp...
Upload

Username: Coolwazabi

Nashville, TN United States

Post Number: 5
i have the 2006d is pushes about 1800w rms its good

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3074
opti --

unless we are talking about the higher up colussus models etc, hifoincs is a budget brand compared to kicker and all the other good amp companies.

so i will only look at hifo as a budget brand unless your looking for 5k watts :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us