What amp do i need?

Username: Shortnorth22

Post Number: 1
hello i bought 3 MTX AUdio subs from a frined but i am not sure of the wattage that each one has... they are enclosed in a box and on the back of the box it says 2 ohms... i do not know if that is 2 ohms per sub or if it is for all three... so i guess i have 2 questions 1) do i need a mono amp or would a 2 or 4 channel amp work just as well... and 2) how many watts should the amp be able to handle.. i can get one with 600 watts but i dont know if thats what i need... any help at all would be great thanks

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 608
If it says 2OHMS then take the sub out and see if there are 4 terminals of POS/NEG on it then we can tell you what ohm load you need for the amp

Post Number: 1
hello this is the same person as matthew robert short i just created a new account.... i took one of the subs out of the box and there are only 2 terminals of pos/neg

Post Number: 2
hello this is the same person as matthew robert short i just created a new account.... i took one of the subs out of the box and there are only 2 terminals of pos/neg

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 611
so its a SVC 2OHM sub? So if you get a 2 Channel amp you would look to run both subs 2 a single channel using a 2ohm load so you could find an amp thats about 400RMSX2 at 2ohm and get another mono channel amp im not shore how you would deal with 3 subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us