Wiring power wire in series?

Bronze Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 80
ok, later on today i am adding an amplifier(mtx 250 watt road thunder series) to power my type-R components and was planning on in the future, getting another set of type-R components for the rear fill and powering them with the same amp(2 mtx amps) would it be bad to wire the power wire from one connection to the next like you would in series on a sub? i have done this with REM wires in the past with no problems but im not sure if it would work for the power. thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 100
Well I suppose it could work but you need to either add another fuse somewhere in the line or run a bigger fuse.You could also purchase a distribution block and run your amps from the block.I would only do that if the current power wire you are using can support the amount of wattage needed by the two amps.If not,I would either run another wire or run a bigger gauge wire.

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 629
usually for rearfill u should jsut run them off your h/u ive heard that its better to jsut run the fronts off an amp, im not sure, but i think putting the rear fill on an amp ruins the imaging or something, but i know for sure ive heard on here its not good to run them off the amp, hope that helps...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4082
See marc's diagram for wiring two seperate amps.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/258980.html

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11546
just use a distribution block to wire all of the amps. use a relay if you have more than two or three remote trigger devices on the REM wire as well.
to wire an amp in series, you'd have to go battery to amp1 positive, then amp1 ground to amp2 positive, in a daisy cain, and it won't work.

Bronze Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 82
well right now i have a 4gauge to 2 8 gauge dist. block so i was thinking i could wire my sub amp from one side, and then wire the 2 small speaker amps in series with the other 8 gauge. ive heard that you should only amplify your front speakers and run the rear off the head unit but i have a small suv and 2 type-Rs in a SPL box so i want rear passengers to catch some highs and mids. i just want my sound to be loud and clean, I'm not too worried about staging

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 954
it's not the best way to do it, but as long as you can manage to get the terminals on the 1st amp to accept the two wires (in/out), and they're of sufficient gauge it will work ok.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us