BUILD me a SYSTEM / Already have a 5 channel amp...

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4003
This will be for a 1994 Chevrolet Caprice Classic.

Front doors are 4"
Rears are 6.5 or 6x9

The only thing i have right now is a Rockford Fosgate POWER 1000 5 channel amp with the following specs :

Front/Rear Channels
50 W x 4 @ 4 Ohms RMS
100 W x 4 @ 2 Ohms RMS
150 W x 4 @ 1 Ohm RMS
200 x 2 W @ 4 Ohms Bridged Mono
300 x 2 W @ 2 Ohms Bridged Mono
Sub Channel
300 W x 1 @ 4 Ohms RMS
600 W x 1 @ 2 Ohms RMS
800 W x 1 @ 1 Ohms

I rather not go with comoponents unless i can find someplace for the tweeter to be mounted close to the mid depending on the set. I rather not make any holes on the door panels in this car. I have a RLP 12 along with a JL 126v2 available to use.

I was considering JL XR 4 coaxials or the MB quart premiem 4" coaxials but im not sure yet. I might even consider getting a CDT HD4 mid and adding my 560 crossover to it along with the DRT 26 silk and aluminum tweeter and mount the tweeter next to the mid if there is room to spare etc...

What do you all think ?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1811
nice

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4006
NEVERMIND, i made a mistake on the car. I have a 1998 Nissan Maxima and everything will be going in that.

I will have 6.5's upfront and probably no rearfill unless i change my mind. I will have the front channels on the amp bridged and power my CDT HD62 set. I think im going to go with the JL 12w6v2 and give it 300 x 1 @ 4 ohm which is underated so i should get about 360 watts or so.
Not sure if i want to go sealed or ported yet but im considering both right now.

Doors will be dampened with Damplifier Pro along with the trunk.

THis should be a sweet SQ setup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us