JL AUDIO 1000/1 HELP!!!!

Username: Cbanzet

Post Number: 1
OK guys i just started my truck and i have a loud hum coming from my 12w7. I dont' push my amp and subs that hard. So i have no idea why i would have this problem.

I checked all the fuses and they were fine.

I checked the Ground wire and it was good.

I disconnected and ran a new pair of inputs and still got that hum.

I disconnected the capacitor and ran it directly to the battery and still got that annoying hum.

Any ideas? Has this 1000.00 amp crap out on me?
I am out of ideas and unfortunately the warranty has ran out on this amp. Anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 552
no its not the amp. the probelm is a bad ground somewehre. make sure your head unit has a good ground. check your rca cables for good connections. make sure your amp ground is connected to the bare metal of the chasis and the wire is same size or bigger then the power wire and that it is as short as possible. your cap should also be grounded the same way. unless you have a high output altenator take the cap off because it is useless wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html

wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html

Post Number: 2
I took out the inputs and the amp still hums with no inputs in it. Is it still the grounds?

Post Number: 3
The grounds are nice and sturdy connections to bare metal about 6inches away from the amp. I took out the inputs while the stereo was on and the hum is still there. No music just straight hum. And it's annoying.

Bronze Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 88
Could be your head unit. The RCAs on the back might have crapped out.

Does the amp stay in protect? Or does it power on like normal?

To test to see if its your headunit
Get a wire like this
Upload

then plug one side into an ipod or walkman or w/e and plug the RCAs into the amp.. play a song on the ipod or w/e and see if you get any output.

If you do then the problem is your headunit not your amplifier or the wiring.

Post Number: 4
The amp powers fine and i took the inputs completely out of the amp with just the speaker wires connected and the hum is still there. There is no signal getting to the amp cause i took them out.

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 557
put them back in. the problem is a bad ground on your head unit reground it it hsould solve your problem

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1787
yeah

Post Number: 5
Well i just re-grounded the headunit. Still no fix.

I did everything you guys told me i should do and still that F****** buzz. Everything is grounded right, I checked the power wires, bypassed the capacitor, changed out the inputs, changed out the remote wire and i am under the impression that the amp needs to be serviced.

with just power, ground, remote power and speaker wires hooked into the amp i get that buzz. NO INPUTS WERE CONNECTED TO THE AMP. So no signal was getting to the amp from the headunit and i still got the humming sound. I even jumped the remote wire to the power wire on the amp to see if it was the remote wire on my deck that was causing this. And surprise....it didnt' work.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3998
You might want to contact Jason at www.audiotekx.com :-)

Silver Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 559
thats really werid. maybe try hooking up the + and - to another battery right in your trunk just to test it

Post Number: 6
Yeah just tried the battery from my other truck and still got that buzz. So i guess i'll talk to jason and see what he can do.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. You were a great help.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1807
i think we were not hehe, we couldn't fix it...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us