I need some help badly

Username: Skeg

Post Number: 1
Ok heres the deal i got 2 10" Visonik subs 100max with 2000watt amp lanzar 2 chan vibrant and i got both amp and speakers running on 4 ohms, so heres what happened we hooked it up and turned all lvl down and turned them up everything was good it was bumpin then in the mid of a song the bass just fell out went to the trunk and protection light was on and fuse was blow replaced fuse and unhooked the batt and rehooked it then tried again and i turned on the car and i get like a thud out of the speakers and then i think thats when it blows the fuse and i get a protection light man i need some help cuz i check if i was gettin power and i was getting power and i had a good ground and i ripped the car aprt looking for pinced wires and nothing what can i do and how do i check with a volt meter my remote wire and, rca's? or my speaker wire please i need help so badly and thankyou im really new to this but my cuz helped me with the install your help will be treasured forever

Bronze Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 74
Did you try disconnecting your sub's speaker wires?Your protection light is probably on because of a blown sub.I think if you un-wire your subs the light should go off.I would try another sub and don't you think you over-powered the subs or is that "100" max a typo?

Post Number: 2
1000 watt max sorry ok should i try hooking up 1 sup?

Post Number: 3
i undid the speaker wires and still the light is on and i replaced the fuse i unhooked the batt do i leave in the RCA's?

Bronze Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 81
I really don't see how the RCA'S could make the protect mode turn on but I guess you could try to disconnect them and run only your power, ground and remote and see what you get and you can check your remote by turning on the car with the radio on and hooking your voltmeter straight to that, not sure on the RCA's though.

Post Number: 4
remote works ground and the power but protection is on with or without peaker wires

Bronze Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 82
Well I suggest opening up your amp and taking a look for a physical damage,such as something burned.I'm pretty sure your amp is fried :-( Did you completely pull the speaker wires off of the amp?Maybe they have a small short that you didnt' see.

Post Number: 5
i tested speaker with volt meter for ohms i got nada so it was clean and i checked them with a AA battery and they popped out so that was clean and im gussing its the amp :_(

Post Number: 6
I opened the amp up and where the fuses are there alot of dark melted wire coating so i think its a bad amp i just installed one racing bucket took me 5 hrs i took off my old brackets and drilled holes in the seats and did a custom job one thing there a little high lol ohh well but thanks for all the help

Bronze Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 93
Well sorry to hear that.It's time for you to buy a new amp now unless you can get it repaired.I don't know if it would be worth the money though

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1789
haha, for the next time, look at rms ratings
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us