Username: Wildleadfoot

Johnson Creek, WI US

Post Number: 9
how good is this amp

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 214
MA audio make average to below average amps. There is much better out there for around the same price range. Let me know how much power you need, and at what impdencena and of course tell me your budget. I can find something a lot better than that.

Johnson Creek, WI US

Post Number: 10
i have 2 4ohm kivker comp vrs and my budget is like 250

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 218
dual 4 ohm?

Bronze Member

Johnson Creek, WI US

Post Number: 11
yes

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 223
Massive P1000.1 is $250 shipped to your door. It will give you 1000rms at 1 ohm, so 500rms per CVR. That would be perfect, and you can't even begin to compare the quality oh Massive compared to MA audio.

Bronze Member

Johnson Creek, WI US

Post Number: 12
where did u find that at is the an link u could give me

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 226
www.Low-Hz.com

I am a rep for that company. It is on special now and sells for $300, but I know the owner and he will give you a deal if you contact him. Email Ben@low-hz.com and tell him Andy sent you. And he will give you the amp for $250 shipped to your door.

Bronze Member

Johnson Creek, WI US

Post Number: 13
would i have to get an cap sumtime or do u think my alternater could handle it i have an 88 corolla

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 229
Depends how big the stock alternator is. A cap would do you no good though. I would just install it and see how it runs. If you are having voltage drops, or dimming at night, I would just upgrade the big 3, and see how that helps. Worst case scenario you will need to turn the volume down slightly, until you can buy an extra battery.

But I would rather have the extra power, and not be able to use it without dimming, then not have the power at all. It is easy to turn amps down, but if your amp runs out of juice, and you want more, that just isn't fun. So go with 1000rms, and if you need to do some small electrical upgrades after then do that.

But it should be able to run pretty well with a decent stock electrical system.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1754
i knew it cuz you only talk about masssive, try getting hifonics 1206d or any 1000w rms amp at 1 ohm

Bronze Member

Johnson Creek, WI US

Post Number: 14
what gauge wire do i want for an amp kit for the hifonics

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 243
Have you ever even used a massive amp?

I have used plenty of Hifonics and Massive amps.

And the reason I recommend them is because for the money I have not found a better amp to date. You can pick up a cheap Hifonics amp off of ebay for around the same price, with half the warranty, and not even the manufacturers warranty.

Also, Hifonics uses some of the cheapest internal parts I have ever seen. The only amps I would ever consider getting from Hifonics would be some of their higher end ones. Some of those I have seen run at .5 ohms and they did very well, but the 1206d is just nothing compared to the p1000.1

Bronze Member

Johnson Creek, WI US

Post Number: 15
no i havent ever used an car amp this is my first car system i have done

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 253
I am talking to juliob. I have seen him post a few times in the past few days, and everything he has said made no sense.

The other day he was rambling on about the atomic subs and making no sense. Now he thinks Hifonics is better than massive. Even though you don't even get cheaper prices with Hifonics. If the Hifonics amps were like half the price of the massive ones, he would have an arugument. But with prices being so equal, it just makes no sense.

Bronze Member

Johnson Creek, WI US

Post Number: 16
yeah it doesnt make that much sense how can i make my payment on ur website what different ways

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 254
I believe they accept Paypal, credit cards, checks, or money orders. It should say everything when you are checking out. I just know they had a slight problem with CC orders. The site doesn't ask for the 3 digit code on the back, and they need that to process your order so if you choose to pay with a CC, I would suggest putting that 3 digit code as a comment so they can ship your order out that day.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1769
showrides shut up i wasn't ditching atomic subs, the guy just needed a huge electrical system and he didn't have the money so i told him other choices, BTW i do know about massive audio amps, they're good but if i can get a better deal on a hifo i'd go for it and that does make sense, you just want to sell your stuff around here... damn i hate this f-cking forum, more g4y people everyday.

that's MO

Gold Member

Post Number: 1770
MA audio is very overrated, they tend to measure the RMS power at 17 volts, that's insane, i wouldn't buy it anyday

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 263
Why would I want to sell anything? If Low-hz gets a few more sales because of me I don't see another penny. I just have used a TON of car audio equipment over the years, and so far Massive, Stereo Integrity, Incriminator Audio, and recently Mass Destruction have really blown me away.

How can you argue against reccommending any of those brands? They are all top of the line, and I have used every one of them, and can speak from expieriance on every one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1776
they're good, not top of the line hehe

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 268
I said they were great budget amps. Then you said Hifonics was better. Hifonics isn't any cheaper, and they are of much lower quality.

So what is your point about them being not top of the line?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1780
"They are all top of the line, and I have used every one of them, and can speak from expieriance on every one."

you said that

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 270
I was talking about the brands...not massive amps.

You don't think IA makes top of the line amps, or that SI makes top of the line subs? And massive makes one of the best spl subs out there. All the brands I said were top of the line. Not all the massive amps.

Just read what I wrote.

Bronze Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 82
The older MA audio amps were decent but the new series isn't that great. I Have an older MA audio HK400D and its actually pretty nice.

My gain is halfway up and my Diamond D3 sub hits pretty hard for just one 10''. I do however in the future plan to replace it with a D9 sub and diamond d6100.1 amp to match my other amp.

I would take an older series MA audio over hifonics though but, that is just me. My MA amp experience has been nothing but good. Both of my friends' Hifonics brutus amps popped on them.

"MA audio is very overrated, they tend to measure the RMS power at 17 volts, that's insane, i wouldn't buy it anyday"-juliob

Do you have any proof? Because I doubt that.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 272
I am 99% sure MA audio rates their amps at 14 volts. I highly doubt they would rate them at 17 volts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us