Username: Kenkenni

Post Number: 29
Can someone recommend some 2 ohm stable mono amps
in the $200-$300 range.

Bronze Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 74
What subs are you trying to drive?

You can get some pretty decent stuff depending on how much power you are going for, for that much.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 283
all mono amps are 2 ohm stable and how many watts u need

Bronze Member
Username: Kenkenni

Post Number: 30
I didn't know that. I was looking over a woofer wiring diagram on CarDomain. And the recommended
amp for the install was 2 ohm stable. I wasn't
sure if a mono amp did that. I'll be running a set of 10's in a dual 10" ported box. The subs
I got ideas on are all rated 1000rms and peak at
2000 to 2400 watts. Will a NINe 1 be the amp for the job.

Ken

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 159
so i am guessing dual 2 ohm subs, rated at 1000rms each.

It won't be easy getting a true 2000rms at 2 ohms for $200-300. Usually an amp like that will cost in the $400-500 range.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2680
not all mono amps are 2 ohm stable, some are 1 ohm, and unless those are dual 2 ohm subs, you so not want a 2 ohm stable amp, dual 4 = 1 ohm stable needed...

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 284
all mono amps are 2 ohm stable, if there 1 ohm stable then obviously there 2 ohm stable to.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2692
if you buy an 2ohm mono amp and do not have the correct voice coil(ohm config) then your dumb. and yes of course, any 1ohm amp is 2 ohm stable, at half the power.........

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1747
best thing you can do is to strap 2 1 ohm stable amp... or you can get a 0.5 ohm stable amp such as lanzar optidrive 2000d if your subs are dual 2 ohm, also do you have an Ho alt??

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 186
Mutlow...just because an amp is running at twice the resistance, doesn't mean that it will put out half the power. There are plenty of amps out there that will put out like 1000rms at 1 ohm, and 700rms at 2 ohms.

Juliob...strapping 2 1 ohm stable amps would work find if he was running the subs at a final load of 2 ohms. But not many amps can be strapped, and why not just get a single amp that can put out the power at .5 or 2 ohms? That just seems to make more sense than strapping 2 1 ohm stable amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us