Sub Not Working

Username: Southern_boy

Topeka, KS US

Post Number: 1
Alright I have a 2000 mazada truck and i built my own boxes for two 12in subs. Now my right one works fine but my left one will not work at all. ive switched all the wires around so its deff the sub. so i took that one out and put in another sub that lasted about two weeks now that one wont come on either... but the other one works just fine... are my two subs blown or am i jus doing something wrong? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2580
sounds like somethings now wired up right. unless theres some sort of manufacturer defect in the sub thats not working, and the one you replaced it with, you'd blow both if you were to blow anything.

Topeka, KS US

Post Number: 2
Yea I figured that both would blow if that wuz the case... I jus dont understand whats going on... I guess i will check my wiring again. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2661
could be the box for the sub, not enough airspace......

Topeka, KS US

Post Number: 3
no that isn't it cuz if i take the sub out and hook it up it still won't work

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2665
if that sub had not enough airspace or was to close to the back of the box, it already prob damaged the sub, so of course once it is blown it is blown.

Bronze Member
Username: Rb06

Hoyt, KS U.S.A

Post Number: 50
well both of my boxes are exactly the same size. and they are in the box with the cone pointing out.

Bronze Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 51
clipping possibly??

Bronze Member
Username: Furyous

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 13
I'm going to go out on a limb here- you might want to check the signal going into the amp. If the low level output has a problem, often it can spike resulting in blown subs and/or amps. The fact that it has happened to the same side twice hints at this. Alos, check your signal wires going into the amp. If one of them is grounding out or shorting, it could cause the same problem- damage to the sub's voice coil.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1705
yeah... maybe the coils
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us