What amp would go good with 1 Alpine SWR-1242D?

Bronze Member
Username: Ekul

Post Number: 18
i'm gonna buy that sub and was wondering what amp i should get. i talked with crutchfield advisor and they recommended this http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iFf268qEbhw/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&g=12 0&I=236T421D#Tab (MTX Thunder421D). it puts out 420W x 1 at 2ohms, the type r is 500W RMS. would that be ok? i heard it is better to overpower amps a little than to underpower em. i also heard u should drive your speaker with at least 70% of their maximum RMS rating, so would it be ok to have it at 420W? ty

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 935
That amp would work great. The power difference is nothing to worry about. A little more than rated - a little less than rated -- no problem as long as the gain is set correctly, and very little difference in output.

You might check out this one -
http://www.millionbuy.com/apnmrpm450.html

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1563
check PG xenon 600.1

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8703
those R can handle 600wrms easily ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
i bought this http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DAPjV84ZN5J/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=500MRPM650 yesterday, got it for 180 off ebay. thx for the help, now i need some more advice :P (this is my first time hookin up a sub and amp to my car). i hooked up my first cd player a couple weeks ago, now i need some bass. ok next step is wiring. here is what crutchfield recommends : » fuse rating: 30A x 2 » 8-gauge amp wiring kit with 60-amp fuse recommended. so should i go with that? or try and find a 4gauge kit. also should i go with a kit or buy everything individually (which option would be cheaper?) and where can i get good deals for these? u guys know a lot more than me so maybe u kno some good sites :P or i guess ebay prolly has some good deals. thx again!

Bronze Member
Username: Justababyboy

Philly, PA

Post Number: 94
Correct me if I am wrong he will be underpowering that sub with that amp...that amp runs at 400 rms at 4 Ohms....that sub like Rovin said can easily push 500-600 rms

Maybe possibly this amp....Alpine MRD-M1005

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
i'm gonna be wiring it parallel style, so 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms, it'll ge gettin 600W...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1652
luke, nice job... i'd get 4AWG...

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2658
pushes 600w @2OHMS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
^^^ yea that's what i said. and ty juliob, since u suggested 4 gauge could u point me in the direction of some good deals online?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1689
go to www.knukonceptz.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us