Running a cap to my Amp

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 152
what is better in a system? 1 cap or 2? what would be better, a 1 farad cap or 2 .5 farad caps? both monster, just you save a little money going with 2 .5's. Is there a drawback to going with 2 .5s?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1186
first of all, you don't really need a cap. and i wouldn't suggest getting one without already having an upgraded charging system. and when running a cap. general rule of thumb is 1 farad for every 1000w rms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
what do u mean upgraded chargins system? extra battery in the back? also, my main question also is: do you loose anything by wiring 2 (.5 farad) caps togather into the amp, rather than just 1 (1 farad) cap into the amp

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2831
BIGGER alternator. + batt etc.

you dont need a cap, they really are usless and a BIG waste of money. you can even tell a diff, and if you did get one, it puts more starin on ur alt, and then ur alt will soon crap out. i'm sure that you will have a louder system in time whithout a cap. theres no point for one, i dont like them

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
thanks guys, i aprreciate the input

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
my battery is going to push 12v to my amp already if i understand correctly. Do I need to push anymore than that too it? and if so how?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1526
the problem is that, when your bass hits, your voltage drops like a b1tch, your battery doesn't have all the power the amp needs, and the alternator needs more Amperes, try getting a 200A or more...

Your cap keeps the voltage steady, but when the bass hits, all the power goes to the cap, and then to the amp, but the battery/alternator, needs more Amperes, so try getting a better alternator.

Liked the lesson? hahahha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us