For anyone that wants amp info on a lot of amps

Username: Stereoman

Post Number: 8
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/
this is a website that has lots of amps and amp guts if you will. they show you that sometimes amps that you think are better than others actually have the same circuit board in them, it also shows you that some amps claiming 1000 watts probably couldn't do 100 watts. here's a pic of a 1000 watt amp with a pack of cigarettes in between the rca's and the circuit board. So don't judge an amp by its rating. Most of the time fuses don't lie, if an amp says it will do 1000 watts and it has a 25 amp fuse in it, it can't do 1000 watts by ohms law and physics, unless of course the amp does 1000 watts ILS (If Lightning Strikes)
I am not a salesman and I am not trying to sell anything even though I am a dealer of alot of products, I don't care to sell to people that don't want to understand and listen when someone has something that they know what they are talking about, instead of something that they heard from there friend. Just because you blew up an amp doesn't mean its a bad amp sometimes, it could be the installer that doesn't know what he is doing. I have so far seen so many people blowing up these amps and bad mouthing amps because they blew up an amp that is next to impossible to do unless it was installed wrong or they are deaf and can't hear distortion. I just want to help and it seems already I have made some nice friends (being sarcastic) on here by posting this site and my opinions. Everyone is entitled to say what they want, I am not offending anyone unless you yourself are trying to sell something and I change the other person's mind. I have been into car stereo's for over 12 years and I know what I am talking about, but I am by far not an expert and nobody is unless you are the one building these amps. I do however know alot about car stereo's and accessories. So I will leave this post open to anyone who wants an honest opinion and not some badmouthing about a company because of there own mistakes. If I don't know I will try to find out for you and if I can't then I will tell you I can't. Simple as that. Thanks for your listening and I hope to educate the uneducated on here. Peace

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2815
lol. good info, but we already know all about that site

Bronze Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 68
Cool. I knew about the general site but hadn't discovered the amp guts section.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8276
a watt is a watt...when buying an amp...ur paying for quailty. and a name..thats all....

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2832
read the other threrads by him chancey. lol he says hifo is better than autotek and zapco. look at the hifo/autotek thread

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1525
chauncey is a very wise man, listen to him Newbies.

Did you hear me Sprano??

bassman you too hehe, you got a bass PHD
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us