Ok, so im stupid with 4 channel amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Kevbo887

Post Number: 83
Hey all. I have a question on installing a 4 channel amp. I have all the power and rca wires hooked up, all I need to do is find the simplest way to install it to 4 speakers.

Basically I have my two 6 1/2 in the front doors, and two 6x9 in the rear deck, all obviously wired up to the cd player.

How do I do it? Is there a simple way instead of having to rip apart all my doors and rear deck to install it?

Thanks!!

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1146
Find a place for the amp. Then unhook the wires that are going to the speakers from the cd deck. Run the new wires from the amp to all 4 speakers aaand.... YOUR DONE!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
So that means I would still need to take apart the doors and stuff.

Hmmm, would unhooking the wires going to the back of the cd player work? Meaning just throw some wires going down the interior of the car under the carpet to the new cd player?

For example, the front door left speaker would go to the cd player, but instead of hooking it up to the cd player run that wire to the amp?

Also, how many RCA preouts would I need on the back of my cd player? 2 sets for 4 speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 118
How about disconnecting the speaker leads from the deck, take the speaker leads and connect them to four good speaker cables, run all four together to the amp.. MAKE SURE TO MARK THE WIRES.. and there you go! You can also run the RCA cables with the speaker wires, all in one big loom.

2 sets for 2 speakers, yes.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 119
How about disconnecting the speaker leads from the deck, take the speaker leads and connect them to four good speaker cables, run all four together to the amp.. MAKE SURE TO MARK THE WIRES.. and there you go! You can also run the RCA cables with the speaker wires, all in one big loom.

2 sets for 4 speakers, yes.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 120
my bad, disregard the FIRST post.. I messed up and meant to say "2 sets of rca cables for 4 speakers is correct."

Ugh, I cant friggin' type today!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
Thank you, that seems much easier then ripping the doors and stuff apart. Simply a 2 second job to take out the cd player and put the wires under the carpet.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1380
hahaha

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Not sure whats so funny?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts