Line output converters with bose?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1157
i remember a while back some people on here were talking about how they cant use a line output converter with stock systems that are bose. i want to hook up someones car with some subs and an amp and he doesnt want to replace his h/u. The way to do this would be to use an LOC but do they work with bose systems?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3617
It depends on the specific Bose system. Most have external amplifiers at the speakers themselves or hidden away somewhere-and you'd have to wire the LOC from each (or one) of the amps, you wouldn't necessarily be able to hook it up behind the unit.

It's kind of a good thing he doesn't want to replace the head unit, because once one component is gone in a Bose system, they all have to be replaced because they aren't very compatible at all with other components.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1159
he said he isnt sure if the speakers have an amp for them, but there is a little 8" stock sub in the rear deck that has an amp for it. would i have to wire it from that amp? hes going to take that sub out anyways.

the car is an 99' acura TL if that matters at all.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3620
It's worth a try using that amp, and it sounds like it should work, yeah.

Username: Auroradrvr

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Post Number: 9
Stop by www.pac-audio.com and call/see if they have a radio interface instead of a LOC.

Bronze Member
Username: Tcox_16

Post Number: 11
Ok i have a few questions...need help so please answer....ok...if i buy a line out converter...can i just hook it up near the rear speakers...like splice into them...or should i go behind the Head unit and splice them into the speaker wires...and one more question....does anyone know where to get a wiring diagram with color codes for a 2003 Doddge Durango SLT...or if ya dont' wanna do that then...where should i wire the remote turn on wire...and i need steps to do that for...and since i have a stock radio... i need to know the best place to hook the remote wire into too..thanx......and which wires do i splice the line output converter into..is it the wires that go into the factory amp...or is it the actually speaker wires
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us