Please take a look at my setup. AMPS Related

Username: Jester_fps

NorCal

Post Number: 1
New member here, just wanted you guys to take a look at a setup recommended to me by a friend/car audio shop owner.

Pioneer Deck DEH-P7800MP (I chose this)

Focal Speakers (Access series 165 V1 for Front & 165 CV1 for rears)

RE Audio Subs (two SX series 10" subs)(In ported encloser)

Zapco Amps (360.4 for speakers, 750.2 for Subs)

Stringer Battery (don't know which one yet)

Total wattage is about 1500 watts.

Is there anything I should change? And are the choice of amps the absolute best? I'm not trying to get into any competitions but I do want a hard hitting system for my daily driver. Thanks.

Username: Dloc

WHITTIER, CA USA

Post Number: 7
U SHOULD GO WITH 2 TWELVES BUT KEEP A PORTED BOX

Username: Eddylabrada

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3
ok so i got 2 new subs 12 inch 2000 watts rms power 4000 watts peak power at 4ohms and im looking for an amplifier but i dont know what to buy??? anybody got any sugestions?? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 424
eddy stop spaming someones thread ...

thats a very a good setup .. but is that a 750.2 on each sub? cuz thats vastly underpowering a pair of sx's .. thats very good equipment though .. solid setup for sure

Username: Eddylabrada

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 6
its 1000 thousand rms on each sub....

NorCal

Post Number: 2
Mike, It's just one 750.2 for the 2 subs. Should I get another 750.2 or another amp all together?

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 321
a 750.2 is a classA/B amp, which normally is not as efficient as a mono class d amp. You're going to want to run the sx's to at least their rated rms each, which is about 2000 watts rms combined. If you are going to do that with one class A/B amp bridged you are going to have very hot amps requiring alot of power. I would recommend a mono class d amp. Something like an autotek mean machine 2000.1D or the West coast customs amp made by orion. I can't remember the model number.

You also dont mention any upgrades to the electrical system. You are upgrading hte battery, but you are also going to need a HO alt and upgrade teh big three.

NorCal

Post Number: 3
^^ You mean these babies: http://www.orioncaraudio.com/amps/Dmono.asp

One last question, should I pair one 12" with the orion amp or 2 10's? I want them to hit hard and loud, since I listen to a lot of trance, hip-hop, r&b and DnB. Thanks.

NorCal

Post Number: 4
I've also taken into consideration the mandatory electrical upgrades, thanks for reminding me.

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 322
ya i was talking about that orion amp, but i forgot that the sx's are dual 2 ohm subs, which means when they are wired together they cannot be wired down to a 1 ohm load. Have you thought about Acendant Audio? maybe a havoc or 2 or even 2 arsenals. I have 2 arsenals and an autek mean machine 2000.1 and i love it

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8602
ya that zapco amp will be weak as heck 4 those subs
Stereo, 4 ohms: 2x175 Watts

Stereo, 2 ohms: 2x375 Watts

Bridged, 4 ohms: 1x750 Watts

maybe a kicker 2500 amp & def do get ur electrical upgrade b4 u kill those subs from clipping ....

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 787
a little bigger amp, and 12's instead of 10's, but if you have room 15s :-)

NorCal

Post Number: 6
I think i'm going to revamp my amp and sub selection. What do you guys think about an ORION HCCA-D5000 (Class D amp) paired with a 2006 12 inch RE Audio XXX sub? and a zapco 360.4 for the interior speakers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/The_Devotion/1.jpg
The sub on the right.

NorCal

Post Number: 7
bump

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 268
that thing is massive... holy F!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8627
ORION HCCA-D5000 (Class D amp) paired with a 2006 12 inch RE Audio XXX sub"""

ya thats a healthy combo

im wondering about about enough mids/highs 2 compliment that killer sub though cause i have 4 infinity ref 6.5" components with my 2 12 type R subs & with my newly built slot ported box the bassline drowns off the mids/highs , so im thinking u def need more than 4 x 90wrms ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us