What to do?

Username: Ddnutzbootleg

Post Number: 6
well i have 2 alpine type x subs and a Orion 2500D and everyone on here convinced me everything would be fine if i got those but the other day on a long drive i blew one of my subs on my amp i have that protect mode crap where it will cut off soemtimes but i still fcked it up so now i have no bass but i think only 1 of my subs are blown, i got that funny smll i guess it was my voice coil burning but i was stupid and didnt turn it down or soemthing but when i press down on teh sub i hear that scatchy sound but only on one of them so im hoping only one is blown and i want to get another one or get a different sub or maybe even 2 more but i dont know what to do? and i dont want to blow another alpine type x if i get the same thing??? what should i do>????

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3515
Where did you purchase the type-Xs?

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 758
you sure you had all the settings dialed in properly ... i only ask this because i also have two alpine type x subs and im pushing each of them with a RF T10001Bd amp and with one of those amp to each speaker ive had no problems and the amps both had birth sheets of around 1400rms at 1 ohm and i have each sub wired for 1 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8197
^^How????

the x's are dvc 4 ohm...and they cant be wired down to 1 ohm..unless ur using 2 and 1amp....even if u strap ur amps ur still not seeing full power...because the ohm load will change to 2ohms not 1.....

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2638
yea. thats not possible. cant put a T10001Bd on each speaker when each speaker is DVC 4 ohms...???

wut did u mean chancey, "unless ur using 2and 1amp"???

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 763
Oh hold it up im always gone off on handlebars when i come here lately but yeah thats my bad .. i forgot that i only have um wired for 2 ohms to each amp.. used to use those amps on my L7's in that car but then i pulled the L7's out of that car and put them in the car that once had the alpines in but i always had those amps running at 1 ohm with a L7 to each amp and i forgot that im only pushing the alpines at 2 ohms not 1 ohm like i once was pushing the L7's with, with those amp

Username: Ddnutzbootleg

Post Number: 7
i got the subs on EBAY so no warranty if thats what youi were wondering so i was just going to purchase one new type X or 2 more subs but i dont know if i could hook up 3 subs to one amp im not sure what im goin to do but i would love suggestions

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 765
if you do decide to get another one or a pair buy them at the link below so you can get a 1 year warranty... they also have a ebay store but i go to there website when i buy from them because with multiple purchases you really save much more on combined shipping when buying from the site over the ebay store .. i just bought three sets of 6X9's from them and ive also bought from them in the past and ive always been pleased with the companys performance

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_2444.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us