4 CH amp setup

Bronze Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 53
currently i have my 2 rear speakers connected to a 4ch amp, and was wondering if i could wire my 4ch amp to the wiring harness and power all the speakers instead of wiring the amp directly to the speakers. Would this fry my headunit? also, i want to amp my front 2 and 2 rear speakers only but i have 2 4x6' (i think) i don't want amped. They are still factory :-( Oh i have a pioneer 860mp. car is a 94 galant LS

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3518

quote:

wondering if i could wire my 4ch amp to the wiring harness and power all the speakers instead of wiring the amp directly to the speakers.

You can wire it to the speaker wire leads behind the head unit, yes, but you cannot leave them wired to the head unit-in other words, if you do that, none of the head unit speaker wires should be connected to anything.

quote:

want to amp my front 2 and 2 rear speakers only but i have 2 4x6' (i think) i don't want amped

How many speakers total do you have in your system? Where do the 4x6s come in? Are they the front speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 56
ok, so let me get this right Jexx...I can take the wire coming from my amp and hook it directly to the speaker wires on the harness, BUT makes sure my radio is NOT connected to the harness correct? And they might be 4" not sure on the size. I have 2 4" in the dash, 2 front 5 1/2's (one in each door of course) and 2 rear 6x9's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us