Overallsystem Question about voltage

Username: Geigerr

Post Number: 1
I just bought a used 05 mustang with about 16K on it. I just started to piece together a killer system. I am big fan of cerwin vega home audio, so i deiced to go with them. For my headunit i got a kenwood double din touch screen dvd player, and I got 2 12in cerwin vega stroker, 4000watt max and 2000watt rms. I bought their biggest amp, the cerwin vega mono 1 ohm EXL1200D amp, and i called them up and they said it rms is around 1200watt. I am installing the whole system with top of the line streetwires, and using 1/0 gauge power and ground wire. Now I am worried about my voltage for my car. I been reading up on batcap and capacitor. So what should I do, I am trying to go the cheapest and easy way out.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 458
the easyest way out is going to be mroe expensice in the long run. try hooking it up now if your only running 1200rms but if your lights dim your going to need a high output alt. which you can have custom made from excessiveamperage.com

Post Number: 2
Ill look into that. I am installing the subs and amp hopefully this weekend, if not sometime this week. I was also wondering how do u keeps the trunk and such from rattling, so i get some clean bass sound from the outside of the car

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8578
so ur using a single 1000wrms amp on 1 or 2 subs ?...

Post Number: 6
about 1200rms watt on 2 subs

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8581
what sense would that make ^^^ !?

putting roughly 600wrms on a 2000wrms sub is like driving a lambo 40mph on the highway ...

Post Number: 7
well, i called up cerwin vega and they said that this set will push more than 130db with that amount of rms. I need to keep my ear drums.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1070
awwwwww ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thats butt i was gonna say the same thing rovin 2400rms subs with 1200rms amps......but okay at least u have good equipment 130 chit cant u do that with the stock Shacker/mach 1000 system

2 xlpods with sum sony amp pulled 130db on the audicontrol givem 2 of those amps.....n get an alternator an u will have a killer system

another thing when u have that little power going to those subs ur prolly gonna grow tired off it or try to show off an clip the hell out your amp tryin to push it.....so just keep that in mind......

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3524
Yep, get a high output alternator. Luckily you have a mustang and they're pretty easy to replace.

Don't get a capacitor.

If you get a good HO alt, you won't need a battery unless you're going to be running the system with the car off a lot.

Post Number: 9
first off the shaker system was garbage, it couldnt even read a cd, burnt or even from the store. it was lucky to get 80db. ill look into getting an alternator, i just hope it isnt going cost alot, thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us