Orion 2500d & Eclipse AVN5435 rca connection help needed

Silver Member
Username: Sinx85

Post Number: 131
hey guys i just installed ecpilse avn 5435 in my expidetion. First i was running the system with the stock cd player and it was pounding real nice. But after i installed the eclipse dvd/navi player and connected the rca cables directly, it sounds shyt now

before setup
1) stock cd player
2)bought low to high output Adapter so i can run rca connection to orion 2500d
3) hooked this converter with the amp that came with my expy. its located on the right side rear end. and then hooked the rca cables from this converter to my orion 2500d amp.
4) Rca cables i used were shyt quality, came with my vcr

end result: system was cray, sounded real loud.

new setup
1) new eclipse avn5435
2) bought new rca cables. Real nice ones
3) everything else is the same, just hooked the new rca's directly to the eclipse unit .

and system sounds like shyt

eclipse got couple of rca connections at the back
this is what these rca's are labled.
1) front Red rca
1) front White rca
2) rear red rca
2) rear white rca
3) non fade red rca
3) non fade white rca

and i have hooked the rca's comming from the amp to no fade white & red output in on the head unit but i am not getting a real nice bass like it was getting with the low to high adapter.

can any one please help me out

thankx

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1416
well, first, have u set the equalizer on the head unit.?? because i know that when i turn my loud on, and set the equalizer on my head unit, (after it gets reset when i disconnect the batt),it sounds 10000 times better than if nothing was done to the head unit. also, u may have to chance the gain on the amp. find out the out voltage of the HU and match the amp to it

Silver Member
Username: Sinx85

Post Number: 132
hey bro, nop didnt do anything to the equalizer. Actully the thing is even now if i hook the rca's from high to low output to orion 2500d amp it sounds really nice with same head unit settings, so like shouldnt it sound the same or better when i hook the rca's directly to the HU.

i think what you are saying about the output voltage might fix the issue. not sure what output my HU produces, i think its 5-Volt This is the link to the HU i have its eclipse avn5435
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Product.display&product_id=3798

if you dont mind, could you please let me know what it is. also what setting i chould keep on orion 2500d amp.

thankx alot for your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us