Gain question

Bronze Member
Username: Bretzy1990

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 95
alright if you put your gain all the way down the amp still can put out its full power right??

Bronze Member

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 96
O and the low pass filter on the amplifier does not let you play any lower than what you have it set on correct?

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 579
no low pass will play all notesbelow what you have set @, you are thinking of subsonic which is to be used for ported box's which wont play anything lower to what you set it too, and for the gain u will get full power of your amp when its properly powered(bat and alt) and when your gain mathces the pre amp setting of your h/u. So if ur h/u's voltage is the same as ur amps gain all the way down then yes ur amp will be putting out full power, and you didnt ask this but im not sure if you know, putting ur amp gains lower then ur h/u's pre amp wont hurt, only putting it higher will hurt ur amp and subs...hope that helps and i hope im right ive learnt this from being on this forum so maybe someone will confirm this...but im pretty confident with what i said...

Bronze Member

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 97
yeah thankx

Bronze Member
Username: Zyraell

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 37
My friend has a Kenwood Ez500 that we needs to tune and ofcourse he has lost the book to it. I've looked on the net but I haven't been able to find it. Do any of you guys know what it is or where I can find it?

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 849
u can still get full power out of the amp, but im guessing that ur speakers will blow before that happens with ur subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 51
umm... i have a 4ch amp (cheap amp) and i need the gain all the way up just to hear anything out of the speakers, why would that be? My 2ch sub amp is just fine with my gain all the way down

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 895
becuase the amp is probably really weak. like some of the less wattage sony xplods. you cant get anything out of those on speakers. haha

Bronze Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 52
oh, lol damn i figured that was the problem, *sigh* never buy things on impulse :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us