Amps placing

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 240
Hi, what u guys think on placing my 2 orion 2500d on the roof of my car? What are the disavantages? Im talkin about amp efficiency etc. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 729
huuuuuh?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 972
dude... your a fucki.n idiot

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2581
you mean hangin upside down? on ur headliner???

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 661
hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha, if you can give me a legit reason why, ill do hours of research to find you an answer

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 739
lol no its probably bad for the amp to be upside down lol. and you will probably see the power wire, running under the carpet on the roof. lol. not to mention, you have to attach the ground somewhere on the roof too.

what do u plan on using, to make the amps stay up there?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2593
some hard wood lol

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 763
lol who the hell would put wood on there roof of their car, to mount amps. haha. lol, and then u would have to screw the wood into the car.

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 241
So u think it would be hard to put the amp up there? I would use wood and screw it on the roof, then with resin fiber i would make a new cover for the amps. U wouldnt see the wire coz i got space between the carpet and the roof. Problem is coz i got no space on the trunk coz the box for my DD9515 is too big. And 2 orion 2500d for the sub and another 2 amps for the speakers plus extra batteries, i dunno where im gonna place all that. I guess i should use some fans to cool the amps.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 811
i wouldnt do fans. they dont help much. but why not install ur 2 amps on the back of your seats? or you can build an amp rack type thing on your box. that can look good too.

ive seen pictures where people take 2 pieces of wood, about 1 inch tall, 1 in wide, by 10 inches long, and then they put the pieces spaced apart on top of the box. then you put ur amp on the two risers, so that ur not screwin ur amp into the box, and make holes if you remove it later. instead u will be making holes in the risers, which are permanenly screwed into the box...

see what im sayin?
i think theres some picutres on the j*desi*gns.info. in the bragging area.

sorry, the site name is banned from typing it, just delet the stars loll

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 242
Ok imma take a look, the only issue is that those 2 amps are really huge and maybe just one would fit in the back of the rear sits. Box got to be 5 cuft about, and in the emergency wheels spot i wuold place the 2 extra batteries. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us