Waht Amp Specs for these subs

Username: Phantomlord2k

Post Number: 6
I know everyone is always asking "what amp", but I'm not looking for any name brand wars here, just the specs on what I should get to power the following 2 10" subs properly. Also, is it better to get the SVC or DVC model?

2 x 10" SVC
250wt RMS 1000w Peak
4 ohm

OR

2 x 10" DVC
250wt RMS 1000w Peak
4 ohm

Username: Cjohnson

Gilman, Iowa

Post Number: 10
500 watts rms at 2 ohms for the SVC and 500 watts rms at 1 ohm for the DVC... in all likelyhood if you bought the DVC's the amp would be cheaper...

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 668
yes he is right^^^^.

there isnt really a difference between dual voice coil and svc. they just have different wiring configurations.

2 dvc 4 ohm subs, can be wired to 1 ohm on the amp.

2 svc 4 ohm subs, can be wired to 2 ohms on the amp.

the amp will be cheaper, if it does around 500rms at 1 ohm, instead of 2 ohms.....because if the amp does 500rms at 2 ohms, it will do 1000rms at 1 ohm, makin it a more expensive amp...know what im sayin?

Go with the DVC.

Username: Phantomlord2k

Post Number: 8
Are the hifonics amps any good? I was looking for something like you mentioned that would do 500 rms at 1 ohm for the DVC subs. I found the Hifonics TXi 5006 in my price range. Would this be any good? Thanks for everyones help, I haven't bought any car audio in years and I'm ready to replace my old 100wt subs.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8510
Hifonics is ok

since ur only after 500wrms - look @ JL 500/1 amps on ebay only around $200 .....

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 683
hifonics amps are alright. they only do like 80% of their rms though. a 1000rms one does like 750 - 800rms. i saw a sheet before on one, and it is common knowledge on this site now LOL.

but they are good amps overall i would say.

if you want to spend more money, for a better amp though....the jl 500/1 would be a GREATTT choice. very Good amp

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2509
thanx for cleanin up :-) lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us