Enough power?

Bronze Member
Username: Th3di3s3l28

Post Number: 33
im selling my current system and I'm going to pick up 2 15" kicker L7's. Right now I've got a zx1000.1, and im thinking im going to get another one, so i will have one powering each sub. the rms on these is 1000, peak 2000. the birthsheet for my amp says 1192, so i think it should be good. I'm thinking of changing up my setup and going with 2 sealed boxes instead of 1 ported. im thinking of building them myself, so how many cubes should I be making them? I know it recommends anywhere from 2 to 6 Cubes. any recommendations?

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 608
try 3 cubes sealed for each of them. that should get them low, and still save room, and keep some sq.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2611
not enopugh power and unless those are dual 2 subs they won't work.../

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
should i go with 2 zx1500.1 then? i was going for the dual 2. i can go with either, i just want them to be powered pretty good

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2616
if you go with 2 of those amps you will need the dual 4 ohm subs. the ZX are only 2 ohm stable...

Username: Maxsq

Post Number: 9
Have you upgraded your charging system to power the ZX. It takes a whole lot of power to make that thing get 1192 watts. More than just a stock battery and alternator. I would use one of the 15's and bulid a ported box. A ported box will sound good and clean and remove the need for the second 15 because of the 3dB gain over a sealed enclosure and will rattle your brain in your skull. I used to sell Kicker and can help with specs on a box if you need.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
yeah. all ive done so far is pick up an optima red top, im getting a new alt., and ive replaced all the stock wires. I was thinking about maybe looking into some competitions, thats why i was going for the 2 15's. So you recommend ported? That would be great if you could help out with the box building

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 680
ya if your going for competitions, definantly do ported. for box plans you can just use that subwoofers tools ported box site, and do something around the lines of what is recommended size for the box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Send me a message and I will help design a box for you. I use the equal to LEAP to design and know that it kicks a&& for designing boxes. What class are you planning to compete in? This will help alot in how you need to tune the box. One of my good friends is #6 in the US in SPL, as well as, one of my best friends is a 10 world record holder in SPL in 3 countries. I think I have some good tips to help you out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Forgot to ask, what kind of car?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
thanks max, its a 1991 chevrolet pickup, extended cab. I sent you a pm about it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us