Fuse prob

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 198
i have 1 kicker solo baric 15 L7 and its powered by an power acoustik 1600 watt amp and i have it bridge and it sounds alright but i have a 100 fuse on it connected to my fuse holder and i dunno what the problem is but everytime i turn the amp up and volume up it blows the fuse just like the other day i blew 8 of them in 1 hour i go threw town like a quarter of a mile and the fuse blows i have 4 gauge wire and i dunno what the problem could be do yall?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 748
Sounds like you may have pinched the power wire under the seat mounting. Try removing your seats and carpet to see...
Tyler, Buy your self a good Muti meter and find out what it is. If you know how to use a meter most of your problems can be found.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1273
That's because 1600 watts requires more than 100 amps. :-) You should get in the range of a 150 amp fuse.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1275
Also - are you running anything else on that power wire? If so, you might need even bigger.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2295
that amp doesnt even do 1600. it does

# 310 x 2 watts RMS @ 4 ohm
# 370 x 2 watts RMS @ 2 ohms
# 740 x 1 watts RMS bridged mono

Gold Member

Post Number: 1282
Hmm.. if what Bassman says is true (and I have no reason to doubt him, so I'm assuming it is) you have issues going on somewhere - check for shorts ASAP, or bad connections.

Seth
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us