What speakers to get because of sub frequency

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 140
Alright so I went with 2 Arsenals 10" powerd by a Nine.1 amp. Anyway, those are going to help me hit the lows so when i look at speakers, do i want to go completely for the high fresquencies, or do i go for a midrange speaker and then get tweaters? if so, what are common frequencies on a midranged speaker and also what are common frequencies for a high frequency speaker.

Also, when talking about normal stock speakrs...are those midrange?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3350
Upload

That might help.

Anyway, the sub plays 0-80Hz (theoretically-these numbers used for demonstration only) and the front speakers are supposed to make up for everything else (80-20,000Hz). This could easily turn into a long discussion, but I'll keep it concise.

Stock speakers are supposed to play the 80-20,000Hz, but in reality don't reach that high because they don't normally have a tweeter in them (or any other apparatus allowing them to achieve such high frequencies). If you're looking at speakers, just get some coaxials or components-they include both tweeters and midranges. The sound of only a tweeter or midrange with a sub is going to be hideous...I mean, you'll have a massive gap in the sound spectrum! Look at Focals, CDTs, Infinity Kappas, Dynaudios, Diamond Audios, even Alpine makes good components.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us