Wire quetions

Bronze Member
Username: Buckiller

Post Number: 12
What is the best way other than soldering to join a 14 gauge wire to a 18 or 20 gauge wire.

Also... when you are hoking up wires to the amp, and it is the kind of connection when you only use the wire and a screw to hold it in place, how do you insert the wire? Freshly stripped? wound?

And... Where would i get a 4 gauge wire stripper and or crimper? Would i be okay just using scissors and pliers?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2086
soldering is the best way. but you can just twist them together and then wrap them up in electrical tape so that they wont rust

how do you insert the wire?? -- well i just strip it to get down to the actually wire portion, and then i place it in the terminal, and screw it back down to hold it in place.

you can get a 4 awg wire stripper at most places. i just used a razor knife, made a slit in the wire (through the protective plastic) and then took the scissors and just pull outwards from you and it comes off. you can buy the stripers or crimpers anywhere, you can try the internet, or your local home depot or somthin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us