How to hook up to car sterio?

Username: Aaron55

Post Number: 9
I have a 2003 dodge dakota with a factory stock infinty sound system in it. how do i wire my amp to it?

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1348
Does it have RCA outs??

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2042
it should. most new cars have RCA pre-outs.

1. take power wire and hook it to the pos of battery
2. run it through the firewall
3.run is under your floor panel (thing that you step up onto when u get into car) and run the power wire to the amps "pwr" termianl
4. take your RCA's from the input of the amp and run them to the output of ur stock HU, there should be aplace where you plug them in. (you can run this on the opposite side of the car but you can run it with the power wire on that side. some people think that you will get rca interference or engine noise but its just a myth. i kno tons of people who have ran tons of RCA's with the power wire and doesnt do anything.
5. Take the blue remote wire, hook it in the remote terminal on that amp anmd run it to the HU's power atenna wire (so that the amp will turn on and off as the car does) --- its usually a blue wire with a white stripe, but not always. sometimes its a solid blue wire
6.take the ground wire, and run that from the "grnd" terminal on the amp to a good grounding location on the chasis of the vehicle. make sure you sand down the paint wherever you are going to ground it so that the wire grounds to solid metal. you can take a bolt and attach a ring terminal to the ground wire and bolt it down to that spot.

Turn the amp on and then use speaker wires to hook up the sub(s)

---remember, this is if your HU has RCA outputs, if it doesnt, you need to buy an lineout converter

anyone else can add anythin

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 507
that took awhile to type^^^ damn.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3329
Good info, bassman.

Though I've never seen a stock head unit with RCA pre-outs...

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2045
really? i have seen some. i think the newer model cars might have them... not 100% sure though. like i said, if he doesnt have them he can buy the converter :-)

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2046
aaron, are lookin to buy a new HU?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us