Type RF X6 amp

Bronze Member
Username: Bassheadjosh

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 66
Well, I sent my amp out and the place I sent it to couldn't fix it...it looks like it has a few blown mosfets and thats it. I live in Utica MI and I would love to get this amp fixed. RF wants WAAAAYYYY to much money ($350) which is insane...any thoughts or suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1118
throw it away, what subs are you pushing, tell us a budget so we can help you out

Bronze Member

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 67
I was hoping I could find a place to fix it for around $100 or so, that way I could get better subs...I'll prolly end up pushin 2 12" r type's, or 2-3 12" AlumQ subs...I alraedy have one of the r types and the 3 alumq's. I was hoping to sell my audiobahns and just get another r type. If i'm going to buy a brand new amp then I'm getting it through my accomodations at work..I work at Circuit City and I get some pretty god discounts on stuff...I'm really trying to keep the amp cost as low as possible...if I'm going the new route I'm not spending more than $250...

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2057
i would push the type-r over that. a great amp to push them is a kicker kx1200.1

so you can get a good discount off that amp. or just go on ebay and get it real cheap. you wont find a place to fix a amp for 100. and that amp brand new is around 270 so if you did pay the 350 for it to be fixed, you could just buy a new one

Gold Member

Post Number: 1134
yeah, try selling audiobum, another thing you can do, check hifonics 1206d, best amp for budget jeje

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2084
lol. you always steal all of my posts juliob!! haha. now ur name is on all of the posts in the amp section :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1153
jaja bassman, are you jealous, you can create threads when you want, jejej lol!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1154
josh one question, was the amp good, for the moment you had it? good output or overrated? They're very cheap.

Bronze Member

Utica, MI US

Post Number: 68
Yeah, it was awesome. blew 2 infinity perfect 12's at 1/4 gain with no bass boost. It was under rated, very efficient, all in all a great amp, which is why I'm sad to see it go.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1184
rockford got two thumbs up on that product then, cuz is very cheap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us