Amp wiring question

Username: Bigbobbyhoward

Post Number: 1
I have a Lanzar that's a 4 channel, 1000 watt amp and two Audiobahn AW1251T - 400 RMS, 800 Peak, Dual 4 ohm, and dual lug/speaker terminals. I wired the two 12's in series and had it bridged to two of the channels and the amp would randomly cut off. I listened to it this morning with no problems, but when I went back out to leave, it would cut on for a second and then cut off. 1) Does anyone know how I should wire the subs to the amp and 2) Why it keeps cutting off and why it won't stay on. Thanks a lot.

Bronze Member
Username: Akamigs

Post Number: 62
doesnt it become 1 ohm if you wire the subs in series? what are the specs of the amp? is the amp 1 ohm stable?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1046
first thing is that if you wire them in parallel will create 1 ohm load, your amp can't handle that. Second, legacy is overrated, try using that amp for components. Third, can you sell those subs, in case you wont try getting audiobahn a8002t and bridge it. (Subs wired in series)

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1047
sorry, lanzar is overrated.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2524
you have to run those series/parralal, go to www.the12volt.com and look under woffer wiring. but that amp is way overated and prob not enough power anyway, you can not run 1 sub per channel either unless it is at an 80hm load.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us