My amp heats up

Bronze Member
Username: Bosox06

Post Number: 14
alright i have a 1600 watt amp that can either be 1 or 2 channels and i had each sub running to 1 channel and it got hot quick then i rewired and had them bridged and it still gets hot...all the OHMs are right an everything...help please?

Bronze Member
Username: Akamigs

Post Number: 58
wat r the specs on the amp and subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Bosox06

Post Number: 15
for each sub its independence is Dual 4 - 2 - 8 Ohm and the wattage it 400 rms 800 peak
the amp is 2x 400W RMS @ 2 Ohms
2x 200W RMS @ 4 Ohms
1x 800W RMS @ 4 Ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Akamigs

Post Number: 60
does the amp happen to be an audiobahn (A8002V)? if so thats your problem. i used to have an A6004V and it would overheat and shut off after 15 mins. of continous play.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2108
well what size wire are you using and how high do you have the gain and bass boost set on the amp

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1942
i have owned the intake series amps and they never overheated for me :-) give a link showing the EXACT sub you have and the EXACT amp also. -- that would help

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 559
i also have the intake series, and it does get alittle hot but never shuts down (cooling fan works good) u might have it wired wrong (maybe to 1ohm?)or many other factors like not getting enought power to it, gain set to high...ect...but what my point was it is a good amp for the money, it pushes my 10cvr's great(yes i know evryone has that system...)

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 560
i also have the intake series, and it does get alittle hot but never shuts down (cooling fan works good) u might have it wired wrong (maybe to 1ohm?)or many other factors like not getting enought power to it, gain set to high...ect...but what my point was it is a good amp for the money, it pushes my 10"cvr's great(yes i know evryone has that system...)

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1996
yup. they get warm to semi-hot (depending on how many hours of playin) but never overheated once on me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us