Would this be a good match?

Username: Jmh2004

Post Number: 1
i have 2 Diamond Audio D312D4and i was looking into buying an Audiobahn A8002V. would this be a good match??

Bronze Member
Username: Akamigs

Post Number: 59
i wouldnt recommend it cuz audiobahn amps overheat to easly and r also overated.

Post Number: 2
what would be a good amp for under 200?

Bronze Member
Username: Akamigs

Post Number: 61
theres a hifonics TXI7506 on ebay for $160.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1048
akamigs is way wrong, that amp has a cooling fan system, they're very nice and reliable, ask anyone with more than 1000 posts about that amp. That hifo is not reliable, they put 70% they say. It would be a good match

Post Number: 3
i currently have some cheap xplod from walmart (the 1000w)and it overheats thats why i need a new amp. i knw im underpowering it so will the audiobahn be enough is it enough power?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1276
nope the subwoofer amps from audiobahns are not too overated they only put close to 90-95% of their power about the heatin sh!t u have to look how u put your amp or where, and some audiobahns get hot but others dont like for example the a8000t put wat they said and is a super goo/budget amp it do not overheat and put 100% wat they said plus 10 watts more

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1948
you could also get a mb quart raa1000

Post Number: 4
will running those speakers at 1000rms damage them??? sorry about all the ques im kind of new

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1965
its alright...

no, it wont damage them. the rms on each sub is 400 right?.. so that mean that ur only putting 500 into each. it wont damage them. set ur gain correctly on the amp and it will pound very nicely

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1966
you could do the a8002v still. its a very nice amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1061
overpowering is something that we use in car audio, cuz amps need to work with voltage, if they put their real power at 14.4 volts, you won't see it unless you make an upgrade, so if you need 500wrms and your amp puts 600w rms at 14.4 volts, is nice cuz it'll put around 500-550w at 13-14 volts (voltage from battery and alt)

Post Number: 5
thanks

Post Number: 6
so how many watts is the xplod amp pushing???

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1979
wut model is it? if it says 1000 watts rms --- prolly around 500-600

Post Number: 7
http://walmart.scosche-cars.com/products/?sfID1=26&productID=1589&walmartProduct ID=4541643 this is the one i have now?

Post Number: 8
XM1652Z this is the model

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 933
sony posted the max, so it's 1000w max bridged to one channel, but probably only about 800w bridged if your lucky. your subs are only getting probably about 250w each, maybe 300w.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1983
600 or somwhere around there

Post Number: 9
i was just reading the manual and it shows that i can do 400 bridged. if i turn the gain up all the way it starts distorting.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 934
def. need new amp. and you should never turn the gain all the way up, it should be matched with your hu pre out.

Post Number: 10
oh so thats why it distorts. i turned it up to see how it sounds. but now i have it about 3/4 of the way up and it hits pretty good (they put my rearview out of order). but i knw that the subs should hit harder. i had a friend try it out on a soundstorm 700x2 force amp bridged. i heard soundstorm isnt such a good brand (i had 2 of thier subs i bouhgt new for $50 from a shop and they blew the second day) but the my subs sounded better with his amp than with mine. thats why i want a better amp.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1280
not always u have to match it up with your head unit voltage cuz alot of amps use rms and peak for theyr gain fro example in a pyramid the gain at 4 volts is max and in an orion 4 volts is rms thats why pyramid sounds sometimes loud but with alot of distortion thats makes u burn that amp,

if u want to still use that amp u can buy another sony amp from there and have each amp runnin each woofer bridged, thats wat i did when i was in low budget i had bahns subs with two sony amps class d the ol skool ones the ones that do not suck too much and they thumped hard but with a little distortion and i like sony amps because the bass boost is at 30 hz not at 45hz like most of amps thats why they sound so boomby

Gold Member

Post Number: 1064
juan, you have decent subs, try getting the bahn or save money and buy a better amp, if you keep playin those subs with bad amps, they'll clip or damage the coils, play safe.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
alright, im might get it this pay check

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
another ques it might be off topic but oh well, what can i do about my lights dimming? they dim with what i have now. i have a 1996 lincoln town car with a stock alt and a regular batt from walmart?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1995
new HO alternator from www.excessiveamperage.com ---- thats all
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us